Author Topic: Playing Along To Songs With App Volume Down  (Read 98 times)

Offline DUrquhart

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Playing Along To Songs With App Volume Down
« on: April 15, 2019, 10:55:44 pm »
Currently on stage 4 and have started strumming away to the songs on the app. All going well and getting right into it, started trying to sing away as well.  Few iffy moments but getting there.  So I decide to turn the volume down and just strum away with no background music from the app.  Crikey it all fell apart ha, my strumming was off, singing crap (well worse than usual), just wasn't getting into my groove at all.  Just couldn't get going at all. Turn the volume back up and I find my groove again

Anyone else who has used the app find it hard when you tried to play without the lead notes playing whilst you strum?  Should I be practicing more without the app music playing so that I build some rhythm/get my groove?

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline OpsRes

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
Re: Playing Along To Songs With App Volume Down
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 11:05:58 pm »
Try turning off the Guitar and Vocals settings in the options. When you select a song to play along with you'll notice what looks like a set of 3 sliders in the upper right hand corner of the screen, this is where you can change the settings. Try it with Percussion set to Drums, Guitar set to None and Vocals set to None a well. Leave the Bass set to On. This will let you hear the beat but little else. You can also try leaving vocals set to Piano and everything else as above, this will give you more of the melody.
Hope this helps.

Offline DUrquhart

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Playing Along To Songs With App Volume Down
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 07:15:46 am »
Cheers Ops, I'll give that a bash.  Just noticed how more difficult everything feels when stripped right down.  Probably need to get used to it i suppose as at some point its just going to be me and the guitar :-)

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App