Author Topic: First pedal - Zoom G1 Four  (Read 899 times)

Offline Bocfan75

• Good Vibes 0
First pedal - Zoom G1 Four
« on: April 09, 2019, 05:58:02 pm »
Coming up on my one year guitar learning journey and I decided to treat myself to my first pedal. Went with a Zoom G1 Four and having a blast using it with the beginner song app.
I am able to play the songs in the app through the pedal and use amp /effect settings to play along while using my headphones to hear the mix. Loads of fun, having a great time going back through the songs in the earlier stages. This has made a big difference in my enjoyment using the app.

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 78
Re: First pedal - Zoom G1 Four
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 08:05:15 pm »
Nice one and glad your first foray into guitar pedals is inspiring you. A multifx pedal is a nice way to try out different effects at a relatively low cost point either permanently or until you want to invest in separate pedals.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE, Yamaha Pacifica 112V, HB Tele, Fender Mustang 1v2, Katana 100, Trio Plus, Boss GT1
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0AFFSNE1iGnb

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 509
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 08:24:18 am »
Zoom make good stuff.
I had a G3 then a G3X.
Both were great.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 02:54:53 pm »
Good on you! I think it's a good idea to play around with tone from the very beginning while learning to play. It can be a great motivator and really spark a person's creativity.

My first multi-fx unit came in the way of my Mustang I v2 amp. The second was in my Garageband DAW. That said, I do have my eye on the Zoom G1X Four, same rig as yours but with an expression pedal. 

Get The Forum As A Mobile App