Author Topic: Stage 1 Trying to strum four beats per bar  (Read 672 times)

Offline olgagoffin

• Good Vibes 0
Stage 1 Trying to strum four beats per bar
« on: March 31, 2019, 02:03:29 pm »
I’m working my way through Stage 1 and I’ve watched the last video in this stage where Justin says to play the songs again but to strum four times per bar.
It’s quite tricky to get the beat right! The app does the “pop” animation for the chord on the first beat but then I need to do three more rhythmic strums before the next chord.
Is there a way to have metronome beats on while playing? I’ve got a metronome app (not Justin’s) but it won’t work together with another app.
Thank you!

Offline KeepingAwake

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Re: Stage 1 Trying to strum four beats per bar
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 02:16:39 pm »
I haven't been in the app lately, but doesn't the app have backing tracks in it? Those should have something playing rhythm. Maybe start the song without playing your guitar, find the beat, get your foot tapping to that, and then try playing the song with the 4 strums per bar?

Offline MsTerra

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 09:54:36 pm »
Check the settings in the app to make sure that you've got at least drums and bass turned on for the backing tracks for the songs. Having a rhythm section going will give you a beat to play along to more easily.

Offline Iceman

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 10:48:35 pm »
I have just bought the app too and am struggling with this too, the reply above doesn’t help as there are no settings to turn on or off the drums, so I guess they are on anyway?

Get The Forum As A Mobile App