Author Topic: Growing up on 8mm  (Read 2098 times)

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 220
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Growing up on 8mm
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2019, 03:55:31 pm »
Oh wow- you have a treat in store for you.
Pretzel Logic and Katy Lied are 70's masterpieces. Put them on your 'queued bands' list.
So much music, so little time.

Listened to Pretzel Logic and Any World, being the best song fromeach album according to Ultimate Classic Rock website.  Really polished productions that is a fusion of jazz/blues/rock and vocals that at times sounded quite CSN-like.  I pefer Pretzel Logic of the two and if it is representative of the whole album, worth   listening to some more from the album.

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 44
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2019, 09:55:26 am »
Week 11

I hadn’t planned on posting this one, as it’s a bit long with little happening, but recent events changed my mind.

Glen Aulin is the house in Dublin where my granny’s youngest sister, Phyllis, lived with her husband Sean. It was (and still is) one of the most hospitable homes I know. These are clips of some of my Phyllis’ siblings, their children and my great-grand mother (in the black hat).

I just came back from Phyllis’ funeral in Dublin two days ago. It was lovely to have the opportunity to say goodbye to my 95-year-old aunty one last time and give her a kiss on her forehead when she was laid out at home in her living room.

(Phyllis is the one blowing into the watering can at 1.40. I’m the chubby kid holding the bunny in the basket  at the end)

Music: from the Sting soundtrack by Scott Joplin

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 69
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2019, 01:38:25 am »
I think you said "rabbit". Someone must've asked you what you had. So cute, and such a fun looking family. What a lovely way to remember your auntie.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 44
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2019, 12:59:38 pm »
Hi Lynn,
Can't believe you watched till the end and indulged in lip-reading
I think I must have said "I hate this scratchy jumper my granny knitted!"  ;)

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 220
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2019, 03:08:06 pm »
Glad you opted to post it up Brian.  I too watched through to the end and I'd almost go as far to say that some of the expressions that are now familiar were starting to form there. 

Lots of fun, all that is missing is a BBQ and a few drinks from that family gathering.

And my dark-side was wondering if anybody would fall off the swings or land up taking an unexpected dip in the pond ... there were a couple of moments when I was thinking it just might happen :) 

As always the music worked well.

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 44
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2019, 03:10:14 pm »
Cheers David  :)

As you can well imagine there were of course the odd "... fell into the pond!" moments, especially as Uncle Sean was heavily into home-brew and an over-generous host when it came to measures  ;)

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 44
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2019, 03:10:45 pm »
Week 12

Back to my Danish roots-
Yesterday was Denmark’s Constitution Day, as well as my brother Conor’s birthday.
Elections were held and the hard right were decimated, making way for a red coalition to lead the country  :)

This is a buy 1 get 1 free clip (i.e. long)
Family get-together in my grandparent’s garden in Roskilde, about half an hour from the capital
I believe Dad’s cousin, Arne (handstands at 5.30 min), was the harbour master in Copenhagen port.

Music:
When I’m Old & Wise by Alan Parson’s Project,
Mockingbird by Barclay James Harvest

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 44
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2019, 09:26:35 am »
Week 13

Appropriate clip today, as it's lashing rain on Merseyside.

Three generations in family fun at the seaside, without even bucket or spade :)

My granny and her sister Phyllis (with the camera at the start) with their children and grandchildren.
(My mum in the yellow bathing suit)

Even Granddad joins in a game of ‘Leap frog’ at the end  8)

Music: Seaside Rendezvous by Queen

Get The Forum As A Mobile App