Author Topic: Hard to Handle-Black Crowes help  (Read 739 times)

smit388

Hard to Handle-Black Crowes help
« on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:53 am »
I've been trying to work this out and I'm fairly new to transcribing, I've done a couple of songs but still not to good.  I know that there is at least 2 guitar parts and I'm having some trouble differentiating between the two.  I have several questions.

1. Whats the tuning of the guitars? I've watched several live performances and I'm fairly certain that the lead guitar is in standard but the frets that the rhythm player is playing don't jive with the chords that I have worked out so far and I know that Rich Robinson uses open tunings quite frequently.

2. I'm fairly certain that the chord in the verse is just a B power chord but for the life of me I can't figure out the scratch kinda rhythm in between them I think that its a just an E at the 7th fret kinda scratched but not sure.

3. And in the chorus sounds like the guitars are going from A to E to B in octaves with one guitar doin it around the nut while one is further up the neck is this correct?

Offline GeorgeWiles

• Good Vibes 0
Re: Hard to Handle-Black Crowes help
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 04:20:17 am »
I think standard tuning.  I looked at both Otis Reddings original (Bflat - probably cause he uses a horn section to fit in with there octave range), and Black Crowes is B (from what I worked out).  The rhythm part is interesting it sounds to be like a B power chord with the little finger doing the G# syncopated rhythm (-2   and 3 and 4 and)

The lead part is interesting too, the end of the lead part I tried different triad voicing (A - e shape barre), (E - c shape barre) and (B - a shape barre).

Quite fun to transpose and play around with

Get The Forum As A Mobile App