Author Topic: Strinberg Guitar Bundle - is it a good buy?  (Read 266 times)

Offline Fresher

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Strinberg Guitar Bundle - is it a good buy?
« on: April 03, 2019, 11:14:16 am »
Good morning, I have this eletric guitar in my mind to buy when I got the opportunity, it's a good deal?

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1066126327-kit-completo-guitarra-strinberg-les-paul-lps-230-oferta-_JM?quantity=1
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 12:50:11 pm by close2u »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 416
  • Teesside, North East England.
Re: Steinberg Guitar Bundle - is it a good buy?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 12:03:52 pm »
Standard advice is not to buy a 'kit' or a 'package'.
They may seem like good value but in terms of long-term satisfaction they are not good.
The guitar may be poor quality, or the amp, or the other accessories.
Your best bet is to buy the guitar and amp separately.
A good shop will sell all the things you need and if you are looking to buy several items they may do a deal for accessories, setup of the guitar etc.
They may price match online sellers too.

You are in Brazil right?
What is your total budget for guitar, amp and accessories?

Offline Johan217

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 29
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 12:42:18 pm »
Also note that the info + photo shows Strindberg, so this has nothing to do with Strandberg or Steinberger guitars (which would easily cost 10 times as much ;) )
Guitars: Chevy LP-C (1991), Squier VM Jaguar (2015)
Amp: Fender Mustang I v2 (2015)

Offline Fresher

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 12:45:54 pm »
So now I'm lost. Because the local shop here doesn't have a luther to make the perfect guitar adjustments for me. And in this AD it says that they do the adjustments (and has good reviews).

I was looking to buy a guitar for R$1,000 ($260) at max, because I'm just starting you know... however I wanna something good. But I think I can pay a little more, depends on the guitar.

Now I see that AMP is a huge part and that would add way more so I don't know man.

I have to confirm with my dad but I think R$1,500 ($390) is the max, guitar + amp. Economy in brazil is not that great.

UPDATE:

It's R$1,000 ($260) max indeed but I can push to $330 (R$ 1,280) to buy this bundle or best offer.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 02:43:00 pm by Fresher »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 416
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 12:49:30 pm »
Also note that the info + photo shows Strindberg, so this has nothing to do with Strandberg or Steinberger guitars (which would easily cost 10 times as much ;) )

That is my bad - I will edit the thread accordingly.

Offline Drubbing

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
Re: Strinberg Guitar Bundle - is it a good buy?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 02:52:31 pm »
So now I'm lost. Because the local shop here doesn't have a luther to make the perfect guitar adjustments for me. And in this AD it says that they do the adjustments (and has good reviews).

For that money, it will be crap. The amp will probably be awful. Buy a known brand from a music store.

You don't need to spend $$ on adjustments, any store worth buying from should do that with any new guitar they sell.  These are just tweaks to make it play well for a beginner.

If they don't have a tech onsite (a luthier makes guitars), then they are probably not worth buying from. Servicing and adjustments are basic after sales service.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App