Author Topic: How do I add my avatar?  (Read 296 times)

Offline sunjamrblues

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
How do I add my avatar?
« on: March 12, 2019, 10:50:37 pm »
This must have been asked many times before, but I'm new to this forum and haven't been able to find the answer.  I go to Profile > Forum Profile and choose Upload an avatar, then click where it says to choose a file, and I select a JPG from my hard drive.  But after clicking on Change, a message tells me that the file can't be uploaded.  I see that another option is to enter an URL, but none of my photos have an URL.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 217
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: How do I add my avatar?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:01:10 am »
This must have been asked many times before, but I'm new to this forum and haven't been able to find the answer.  I go to Profile > Forum Profile and choose Upload an avatar, then click where it says to choose a file, and I select a JPG from my hard drive.  But after clicking on Change, a message tells me that the file can't be uploaded.  I see that another option is to enter an URL, but none of my photos have an URL.

This function is not working. It has been reported but seems a few times over the couple years I have been in the Community.  So seems not being able to upload an avatar is something we'll just have to live with.

Offline sunjamrblues

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 08:18:54 pm »
Thanks, I'm glad to know it wasn't something stupid I was doing.

Offline Edwin010

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 10:11:18 am »
Thanks, I'm glad to know it wasn't something stupid I was doing.

And its so, SO easy give the avatar-folder permission to let someone upload an avatar...
Don't understand why the webmaster doesnt do it, its not an securityrisk.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App