Author Topic: Fresher's thread full of questions about how to learn & improve  (Read 21796 times)

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 124
Re: Fresher's thread full of questions about how to learn & improve
« Reply #435 on: December 01, 2019, 12:19:01 pm »
We can now add to the list of Fresher's wrongdoing ... foul-language, threats and vile abuse aimed at LievenDV and close2u via email.
Sorry you had to deal with that.

I know first hand that moderators get to see a lot of things that normal members don't. Whilst I didn't, personally, witness anything that warranted a ban, that doesn't.mean it didn't happen.

I know you guys work hard to make this forum inclusive and to make sure it works for the vast majority of members. You are a large part of the reason it's such an amazing place.

Since I've been on here, I can count the number of people who've been banned on the fingers of one hand. I know you don't do this lightly, so it's clearly deserved.

So, thanks to the moderators for dealing with this and for making the forums a great place for the rest of us to hang out.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 159
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #436 on: December 01, 2019, 11:37:31 pm »

So, thanks to the moderators for dealing with this and for making the forums a great place for the rest of us to hang out.

thanks dude.
We try to be as silent and quick as possible;
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist :D

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline sairfingers

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
« Reply #437 on: December 02, 2019, 10:05:51 am »
Hear hear. Well said.
Martin D28 Reimagined : Gibson SG Standard.
Boss Katana 50 : Digitech Trio+ & FS3X.
Arrived Feb 2018. BC completed, now on IM & Fingerstyle. Played a Framus archtop accoustic as a teenager in the late 60’s, then life got in the way for 50 years.

Offline SteelStrings

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #438 on: December 02, 2019, 07:15:27 pm »
The biggest mistake is thinking that you can get rid of me. You cut one head, 2 apears ;)

I'm like a disease for you mods now. Wrong person to ban.

Offline Garfield

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 38
« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2019, 07:58:58 pm »
Nob

Sent from my SM-A530F using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline SteelStrings

• Good Vibes 0

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 447
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #441 on: December 02, 2019, 09:13:00 pm »
Thanks for the immediate alerts - SteelStrings  is gone - but you can all see the issue so continued vigilance would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Offline justinguitar

• Administrator
  • Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 160
    • justinguitar.com
« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2019, 09:19:27 pm »
Sorry Lieven and Close have to deal with this dude. :(
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Offline sairfingers

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
« Reply #443 on: December 03, 2019, 01:37:05 pm »
I’m not sure that Fresher is a bad person. I think he has a mental illness hence all the hundreds of posts/questions many of which seemed quite genuine. He got hundreds of replies to his posts so I suspect he’s a lonely sad individual who craves attention which is why he’s pissed at being banned from the forum. Poor guy, but no excuse for abusive behaviour and unacceptable language on a forum like this.
Martin D28 Reimagined : Gibson SG Standard.
Boss Katana 50 : Digitech Trio+ & FS3X.
Arrived Feb 2018. BC completed, now on IM & Fingerstyle. Played a Framus archtop accoustic as a teenager in the late 60’s, then life got in the way for 50 years.

Offline hilts17

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 56
« Reply #444 on: December 03, 2019, 02:40:22 pm »
I suspect you are on the right track in your assessment of him. He did say in one post that he suffers from clinical depression.
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 159
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #445 on: December 03, 2019, 03:26:49 pm »
Sairfingers,

You are probably right and your idea is an example of how this warm community is working. ;)

In most cases that we had in all these years, the banned user clearly showed signs of mental instability of some sorts. We're always patient, offer users advice, help them clean up the mess and guide them to continue, conform rules and suggestions.
Cases likes this are carefully evaluated and even though I don't need to tell you this, we surely offered a very forgiving policy with helps, suggestions, warning, second warning, temp ban and then perm ban.
Yeah it's sad but rules apply foreveryone, especially in the considerate and compassionate context that we already offer.

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 72
    • YouTube
« Reply #446 on: December 03, 2019, 04:06:09 pm »
Being an admin requires making judgement calls. I did it for about six years with a sizable crew of admins/mods with a fair amount of traffic. It was real work. Admins aren't always going to be right, but they should always serve the greater good. I think the crew here deserves a lot of credit for the makeup of the forum and for the sense of community we all enjoy. This is a great place with great people but it really needs an update. This message board software is old and lacks a lot of useful features, and frankly is holding the community back. It has soured me on Justin's projects if I'm being completely honest. I know this board doesn't generate revenue, but it's pretty important to a lot of us. I feel like we're being taken for granted and I cringe when I see a new app or what have you -- please update/change this message board software soon. Let us know what we can do to help make this happen.     

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #447 on: December 03, 2019, 04:39:13 pm »
Whoa, so many internet psychologists, none of whom know bugger all about clinical depression.
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline KasperFauerby

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
    • Kaspers SoundCloud
« Reply #448 on: December 03, 2019, 05:22:06 pm »
Whoa, so many internet psychologists, none of whom know bugger all about clinical depression.

Well, something is wrong with him anyway.
Otherwise you don't behave like that, and the nice little quote "I'm like a disease for you mods now. Wrong person to ban." seems to indicate he's not the most adjusted guy on earth :)

Sorry for Lieven and Richard that they have to suffer that fool, you guys do great jobs!

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 447
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #449 on: December 03, 2019, 08:28:54 pm »
Thanks to all for the positive support you bring.

... This is a great place with great people but it really needs an update. This message board software is old and lacks a lot of useful features, and frankly is holding the community back. ... Let us know what we can do to help make this happen.     

Clint.
You have mail.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App