Author Topic: The Forum  (Read 1215 times)

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 77
Re: The Forum
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 12:55:04 pm »
And 5 stars to you! And good vibes too!! What a great way to start my morning, that’s a stellar song Brian. A big smile from me throughout, and thanks for putting my name in 😃 I feel like I know everybody here and I’ve never met any of you, good on you for calling out so many names!

With all that praise for just the lyrics and the community and the stolen melody - well what’s left? Your guitar playing has definitely improved, that’s for sure, nice and steady rhythm playing going on. You’re obviously finding joy in learning and playing, and that comes through. It’s a fine fine production. I hope you post the video when you headline your first show 😃
Gretsch G5420T,  Epiphone SG400, Taylor 325ce, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline max_mue

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 39
    • YT-channel
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 01:05:42 pm »
You are a legend.

I guess the forum has an official hymn now  ;D

Great recording Brian, brilliant from start to finish :)

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 40
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 03:23:52 pm »
Absolutely brilliant. Every word connected with me. Well played and sung, and your songwriting is superb.

I obviously spend too much time on the forum. Haha.
Happy to connect Lynn 
As long as it's not cutting into your playing time, it's not too much ;)

And 5 stars to you! And good vibes too!! What a great way to start my morning, that’s a stellar song Brian. A big smile from me throughout, and thanks for putting my name in 😃 I feel like I know everybody here and I’ve never met any of you, good on you for calling out so many names!

With all that praise for just the lyrics and the community and the stolen melody - well what’s left? Your guitar playing has definitely improved, that’s for sure, nice and steady rhythm playing going on. You’re obviously finding joy in learning and playing, and that comes through. It’s a fine fine production. I hope you post the video when you headline your first show 😃
Getting a lot of smiles on this one Mari- must be doing something right  :)
One big happy (struggling) family, eh?
thank you

You are a legend.

I guess the forum has an official hymn now  ;D

Great recording Brian, brilliant from start to finish :)
Or more appropriately expressed in your mother tongue:
"Auch ein blindes Huhn findet mal ein Korn"  ;) :P

Offline Fox Cunning

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 63
  • You are reading this line of text.
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2019, 05:41:41 pm »
Another fine example of songwriting ;D You are truly a master lyricist.

Offline schlaffenwagen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 61
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2019, 06:12:18 pm »
Hi Brian,
Really enjoyed your performance :D Vocals and guitar sound pretty good together and you should not worry about separate recording. It's always done like this unless you want to record on camera (ot what is worse on a mobile :o) I'm not a native speaker but I've understood all the lyrics and what is more important that the lyrics rythmical pattern fits perfectly the music rythm. Good job mate and yeah...thanks for mentioning ;D
Cheers,
Roman
Keep on rocking!

Offline oldhead49

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 120
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2019, 06:21:54 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Had me smiling all the way.  Brian, you are truly an entertainer.  That just really brightened my day.  I'm beginning to think you have too much time on your hands??? :o  Very well done.

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 40
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 08:56:23 pm »
Another fine example of songwriting ;D You are truly a master lyricist.
Thanks Fox, I really wish that was the case, but I not only nicked the tune and most of the phrasing from Bowie, but also a lot of the actual words and structures.
On the other hand, I understand Clapton borrowed a lot of his licks from others  ;)

Hi Brian,
Really enjoyed your performance :D Vocals and guitar sound pretty good together and you should not worry about separate recording. It's always done like this unless you want to record on camera (ot what is worse on a mobile :o) I'm not a native speaker but I've understood all the lyrics and what is more important that the lyrics rythmical pattern fits perfectly the music rythm. Good job mate and yeah...thanks for mentioning ;D
Cheers,
Roman
Thanks Roman,
You're right of course; and I've enjoyed your amazing productions here on the forum.
On the other hand, I'd like to get to the stage where I can just play and sing at the same time.
That's why most of my recordings have been Youtube single takes- yes with the dreaded phone recordings!
There's a place for it all, I guess.
Thanks for the listen and comments  :)

;D ;D ;D ;D Had me smiling all the way.  Brian, you are truly an entertainer.  That just really brightened my day.  I'm beginning to think you have too much time on your hands??? :o  Very well done.
Thank you OH.
More kind words  :)
If I had a conscience, I would feel guilty.
I'm learning a skill and enjoying myself.
If I can make a couple of strangers smile along the way, it's a win win situation

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 416
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 11:13:38 pm »
Oh holy mother of all that is good and true and joyful.

This is a winner.

You've taken five years and distilled it in to one year.
 ;)

Online CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 56
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2019, 01:54:30 am »
Very fun and creative way to suck up to almost all of the frequent forum members! Admit it now, we all waited to the end to hear our name's called out in song. We are such goobers. :)

Great fun, thanks for sharing!   

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 40
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 09:45:46 am »
Oh holy mother of all that is good and true and joyful.

This is a winner.

You've taken five years and distilled it in to one year.
 ;)
For once-
I am speechless

Very fun and creative way to suck up to almost all of the frequent forum members! Admit it now, we all waited to the end to hear our name's called out in song. We are such goobers. :)

Great fun, thanks for sharing!   
Thanks CT- you're welcome.
There's a strong streak of independent 'I'll do my own thing' running through your playing and posts, but there is a little goober in all of us that looks for acknowledgement  ;)

Offline pkboo3

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 48
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 01:40:07 pm »
Brian this was pretty awesome. Yeah, our club song!  So cool. Oh yeah, like the others said, it’s cool to see your name in the lyrics and even more cool to hear you sing our name, LOL!  Good job, once again!  Such an entertainer you are.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 89
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2019, 12:06:45 pm »
Hi Brian,

What a tribute to J's forum. Great job.
The lyrics sum up so much. Made me smile throughout.
How you got all those names in - genius.

Really great delivery.

Should be a sticky!

Digger

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 12:02:06 pm »
Hi Brian,
Hard to restrain a smile on this one. A GAS all the way for sure. Nicely done and great projection of your heart felt lyrics. Take a box as somehow you got it nicely done!

Way to rock it down,
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline jono

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 15
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 11:47:41 pm »
Ha ha ha. How did you get the names to rhyme.
I am glad you put the lyrics up as I was wondering when I heard        'my brain hurts like a warehouse'

Very good.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Online CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 56
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2019, 06:52:51 pm »
Quote from: brianlarsen
There's a strong streak of independent 'I'll do my own thing' running through your playing and posts, but there is a little goober in all of us that looks for acknowledgement  ;)
Yep, huge goober here. Guilty as charged.

It needs to be stated that you are finding your own voice on the instrument and we are all better off for it. Originality has more value than just about anything else. If your creativity expands with your skills, we are all in for a heck of a ride. Keep on keeping on.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App