Author Topic: one man army (looper?)  (Read 757 times)

Offline Cataract

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 19
one man army (looper?)
« on: February 14, 2019, 05:53:24 pm »
Hi everyone!

So my equipment so far is as follows:

2xelectric guitars
pod line6 hd500x
korg minilogue
e-mandolin

What I want to do is to buy E drums (haven't decided which one yet, but I don't think it matters), and connect everything to a looper (that I have to buy).

I want to be able to connect 1x guitar, synth and drums to the looper simultaneously, without pluging and unpluging instrument each time, and connect looper to my computer to record it.

Do I need mixer, or just looper with 3x line in? Could you please recommend me mixer (if needed) and/or looper? Or maybe there is better solution?

Thank you in advance!

Offline DanniTSI3

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
Re: one man army (looper?)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 10:08:36 am »
Hey! Just wanted to respond! I have no advice unforts!

I think the best way to go is do do some research, narrow it down then take a look at some YouTube reviews then go from there.

I've got a Boss RC3 but I know Rowland do another pedal that's more advanced with a load more inputs/pedals etc.

I put a post up about loop pedals and someone posted a link to the loop pedal world championships... So cool but might give you some inspiration also

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app
My guitar collection (so far):
LH Taylor GS Mini
LH Fender Squier Stratocaster (60s vibe)
VOX Pathfinder Amp
Pedals: Boss Super Chorus CH-1

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 154
Re: one man army (looper?)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 11:52:55 am »
I missed this one earlier...

Yes, you'll need a mixer.

A looper with multiple inputs might work, but good luck finding one that does what you want. A mixer is probably more flexible because it will let you add other instruments in the future.

Pretty much any mixer should work for you, such as the cheap Behringer Xenyx range. I think the biggest factor here is whether you want to capture loops in stereo.

As for connecting to the computer to record, are you talking about transferring the recorded loops to a PC for editing/mixing at a later date, in which case a number of loopers have a USB capability for this, including the Boss RC-3 mentioned by Danni.

If you are talking about real-time recording to a DAW, then it's not a looper you want. You'll be needing an audio interface for that.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX, Gibson SG Special P90
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App