Author Topic: Her light - original  (Read 627 times)

Offline PilgrimPod

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 10
Re: Her light - original
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 09:47:17 am »
It all sounds very original to me and doesn't remind me of any other song in particular.

A very tenderly delivered performance. Everything just meshed nicely and the lyrics particularly stood out for me. Did it take you long to write this song?

Wishing you well on your weight loss journey dude. :)
25 Aug 2018 - BC started - Currently at stage 3

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 01:28:43 pm »
Very nice Bala I liked the song a lot. Cant say its stolen so when it becomes a hit I think your safe  :) Nice arrangement and the singing pretty good also. Sorry to hear about the throat issues though, hope you get well soon. In the meantime I think Max can sing for you  :).

Thank you for the kind words Johan! And it might be too much to ask from Max considering he is in a band but yes that would great :)

It all sounds very original to me and doesn't remind me of any other song in particular.

A very tenderly delivered performance. Everything just meshed nicely and the lyrics particularly stood out for me. Did it take you long to write this song?

Wishing you well on your weight loss journey dude. :)

Thank you for the comments Pilgrim. About the lyrics, the first draft was written in under 2 hours but then as I was working on developing the song structure and arrangement, I had to change the lyrics around quite a bit. I think I changed much of the lyrics twice. Time wise it took me a while as I wrote this song around October last year :)

Offline brianlarsen

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 25
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 01:31:57 pm »
Once again, an excellent listen Bala 8)
And an original to boot- superb!

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 02:23:36 pm »
Once again, an excellent listen Bala 8)
And an original to boot- superb!

Thank you Brian! :) glad you like it

Offline max_mue

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 38
    • YT-channel
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 12:13:58 am »
Thank you Max :) you know I was thinking if I should request you to sing this one given my vocal limitation right now. But somehow I managed to do it :) I can totally see you pull this off brilliantly
I'm honored :)

And it might be too much to ask from Max considering he is in a band but yes that would great :)
I'm always down for a collaboration :)

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 108
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 06:44:24 pm »
Bala, Really nice sound to this one.  It does sound like something I've heard before, but I can't put my finger on anything.  Just has that really pleasing sound.  Guitars sound good and the strings are a nice added touch.  Good job on this one.  Hope your health improves soon.  Welcome back!

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 08:41:02 pm »
I'm always down for a collaboration :)

That’s wonderful news! I’ll send you a pm and we’ll go from there :)

Bala, Really nice sound to this one.  It does sound like something I've heard before, but I can't put my finger on anything.  Just has that really pleasing sound.  Guitars sound good and the strings are a nice added touch.  Good job on this one.  Hope your health improves soon.  Welcome back!

Thank you for the listen and comments Dave! That’s exactly how I felt about the song. It’s in my head but can’t remember how and from where. I’ve been working out and doing my salt water gargles quite regularly. So hopefully I’ll heal my throat soon :)

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 10:41:25 pm »
Hey Bala,

Sorry to hear of your health issues, but glad to see you back. I'm hope your throat feels better soon.

I like your song and don't think you stole it. It's very well written. I especially liked when she spreads her wings. There's a slight Beach Boys vibe beneath the surface, in a good way. Love all the imagery you used. It's really lovely.

Lynn

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2019, 11:03:29 pm »
Hey Bala,

Sorry to hear of your health issues, but glad to see you back. I'm hope your throat feels better soon.

I like your song and don't think you stole it. It's very well written. I especially liked when she spreads her wings. There's a slight Beach Boys vibe beneath the surface, in a good way. Love all the imagery you used. It's really lovely.

Lynn

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you Lynn. I can feel my throat getting better. Been following a very healthy lifestyle over the last few weeks. Still can’t get those higher notes as much as I’d like but I can feel it getting better :)

And thank you about the comments on the song. I’ve always been a fan of songs with good lyrics. Love it when it gives an imagery and it tells a story. Probably also why I like the blues and classic rock and of course the Beatles. Although I could never say (at the moment) that there was a beach boys influence as, I know this isn’t good... I’ve never listened to The Beach Boys yet. Ever. But I just recently saw a video on the rivalry between Brian Wilson and Paul McCartney and I’ve really been wanting to listen to their music. Pet sounds is probably a good starting point :)

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 113
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 11:55:43 pm »
Bala

Despite your health issues, and I wish you well, this was really cool. The guitar parts are all solid and all have a nice tone that balances across the track. Lyrics are moving and well delivered in the context of the song. Great original song ;D

Listening closely to the vocals and this is just me but ............... I think you and Leo/Crocodile would sound great together.

Leo/Roman + Bala ? Future Schlaffenwagen Project ?

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 89
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 01:54:58 am »
Sorry to hear you have health challenges Bala. Please take care of your precious self. Nice to see you here again.

This piece of music went straight to my heart, the reaction was purely emotional. I got caught up in the sounds, heard a few words here and there, and then fell back into the soundscape that told me everything. When I checked the lyrics they matched exactly what I was hearing in the soundscape. Then listened again more rationally, yeah sure there are things you can do better, but that's a relatively easy fix isn't it?

I think you've captured the heart of this song and to me that's the essence of good music. All the rest will come with practise and refinement.

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 02:26:04 am »
Bala

Despite your health issues, and I wish you well, this was really cool. The guitar parts are all solid and all have a nice tone that balances across the track. Lyrics are moving and well delivered in the context of the song. Great original song ;D

Listening closely to the vocals and this is just me but ............... I think you and Leo/Crocodile would sound great together.

Leo/Roman + Bala ? Future Schlaffenwagen Project ?

Cheers

Toby
 8)

Hey thank you Toby! Although I’ve never associated with him before, I have heard Leo sing and he is fantastic! It would be an honor really! So is getting schlaffenwagened again! ;)

Sorry to hear you have health challenges Bala. Please take care of your precious self. Nice to see you here again.

This piece of music went straight to my heart, the reaction was purely emotional. I got caught up in the sounds, heard a few words here and there, and then fell back into the soundscape that told me everything. When I checked the lyrics they matched exactly what I was hearing in the soundscape. Then listened again more rationally, yeah sure there are things you can do better, but that's a relatively easy fix isn't it?

I think you've captured the heart of this song and to me that's the essence of good music. All the rest will come with practise and refinement.

Although I still have acid reflux, I got the diabetes under control. Just had to give up on the love of my life... cakes! Thank you for the listen and comments Maggie! It really makes me happy that I’m able to make music that is well received. I hope to make more such music and perhaps redo this once I heal. I have plans to polish so of my older songs too. This year is all about getting better... health and music :) and you are right. There is honestly nothing that can’t be made better with practice :)

Offline b1rdland

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 17
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 04:15:23 pm »
Hey Bala, great work my friend. I love the words, nice arrangement overall. You're deffo making steps in all departments, I can see the progress in my few months on here. Keep it going, eat some veg etc and you'll be back fully fighting fit in no time. Well done!
Gibson es335
Fender Telecaster Professional
Taylor GS Mini-e

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2019, 04:20:56 pm »
Hey Bala, great work my friend. I love the words, nice arrangement overall. You're deffo making steps in all departments, I can see the progress in my few months on here. Keep it going, eat some veg etc and you'll be back fully fighting fit in no time. Well done!

Thank you Birdland! I have a couple more ideas and potential songs coming soon! (Hopefully) but yes getting back to fighting fitness comes first! Can’t have most fruits but veggies are the way to go! :)

Offline hilts17

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2019, 04:22:59 pm »
I really liked this. A lot!

Nice lyrics, guitar and the addition of the strings was perfect. Superb!

Best of luck with your health!
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Get The Forum As A Mobile App