Author Topic: Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster  (Read 166 times)

Offline saruman1970

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster
« on: February 10, 2019, 09:16:06 am »
Is it the missing link between acoustic and electric?

Inviato dal mio SM-J530F utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 89
  • What on earth was I going to do???
Re: Fender Acoustasonic Telecaster
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 09:19:54 am »
Judge for yourself, looks very much like it is doing a pretty good job of it to me

My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 02:52:16 pm »
I dig everything about this except the list price, which isn't all that bad -- just more than I care to spend. The concept has been around for a while, mostly with F hole hollow bodies, still can't wait for the T-type knockoffs to start flowing in.

Offline Edwin010

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 03:27:57 pm »
I love it! But indeed, price is high for “normal” players.

For myself, a homeplayer, i wouldnt go higher than around 7/800€ for a guitar.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Offline J.W.C.

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 27
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 06:37:57 pm »
I'm willing to pay that much for a guitar, but I don't think I'm willing to pay that much for *that* guitar. I think its cool and I'm interested in it, but I doubt that it would be a "main" guitar for me, and it doesn't "light my fire" like some guitars do.

Perhaps it will be successful enough that Fender will offer some variations at lower price points. For me, it just needs to be a little less pricey to tempt me with what I see as a kind of quirky, niche instrument.

Of course, all that is without actually playing one. I might play one in a store and decide it could be a main guitar for me and is worth every penny. But I think that's unlikely.

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 06:55:21 pm »
I'm willing to pay that much for a guitar, but I don't think I'm willing to pay that much for *that* guitar. I think its cool and I'm interested in it, but I doubt that it would be a "main" guitar for me, and it doesn't "light my fire" like some guitars do.

Perhaps it will be successful enough that Fender will offer some variations at lower price points. For me, it just needs to be a little less pricey to tempt me with what I see as a kind of quirky, niche instrument.

Of course, all that is without actually playing one. I might play one in a store and decide it could be a main guitar for me and is worth every penny. But I think that's unlikely.

I've seen this across various forums.

but

It's a gimmick. One of those 'throw it at the wall and see if it sticks' guitars. I don't expect it to spawn lower price versions. I don't expect it to sell in large numbers either. It will probably quietly disappear from the range next year.
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App