Author Topic: Three little bird chords?  (Read 951 times)

Offline alien51

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Three little bird chords?
« on: January 25, 2019, 09:50:04 pm »
So I am learning songs from rocksmith and so far I only learnt the A, D, and E chord for from here. In rhythm mode for three little bird in rocksmith, it says it is an A, D, and E chord as well but it's on fret 4, 5, 6 fret. Is this a variant of the major chord? I've tried looking around in the chord book and I can't find it.

Btw I'm mostly using rocksmith to learn the lead parts and only learnt for over a month from this website beginner course.

Online joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 31
Re: Three little bird chords?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 08:47:31 am »
Rocksmith is a good game, but it's not a very good learning tool.

If you want to learn to play the guitar, do Justin's course. If you want to learn how to get a high score at Rocksmith, play Rocksmith.

...and if you want to play lead, learn rhythm first :)
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline alien51

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 06:10:55 pm »
Oh, I am learning the chords on this website. But I was just curious what were those actual chords call because I couldn't find them.

I'm mostly using it to play songs for fun. Matter of fact, I've just hit module two couple days ago. I set the mastery to max in the riff repeater and use it to practice on hand dexterity.

Offline hilts17

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 48
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 06:41:42 pm »
What is your overall goal? Is it to learn to play guitar? You said you're learning the chords from this website. But are you actually doing the Beginner Course starting from Lesson 1? Or are you picking a few chords and just watching the video lesson for each chord?

You also say "looking around in the chord book."  What chord book?
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline alien51

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 09:52:58 pm »
Guess I’m being confusing. I do that sometimes. I’m new as in I am a beginner. I just started about a month ago. I’m using the beginner section in this website, beginner 2. Em, Dm, Am is currently what I am learning. The overall goal is just to learn to play for my own interest. Ultimately I’m just jumping around into different things while practicing chords and basics things like rhythm using metronome, hand stretches, and fret speed/accuracy. Nothing fancy like joining a band or anything. As to what I meant about the chord is that I googled ‘A’ chord and its variation, and can’t find the chords used in this song in rocksmith.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 115
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 11:24:31 pm »
Alien

Glad you clarified, as I was not sure where you were coming from initially. First off, if your serious about learning to play the guitar, dump Rocksmith as its just a game.
Stick with Justin's programme but don't jump around.

Work through all the lessons of each stage diligently and honestly, then learn the songs for that stage AS Justin teaches them. Don't worry to much about messing around with strumming patterns for now, they'll come later. Learn the basics.

There's is a reason for Justin's course structure, as each level builds on the previous stage and will give you a wide and solid foundation.Without that you'll never be a good player. Hopping around picking bits and pieces in an unstructured way don't work. Trust me been there, done that.

Also don't look for alternatives or shortcuts, there aren't any or they won't work in the long run. Stick with it and you'll be ok.

At anytime you get stuck shout up here on the forum, as there's a wealth of experience and friendly folk only too willing to help and avoid some of the pitfalls that most of us have likely to have made.

You made a commitment by the looks of things, so follow this wonderful path that Mr Sandercoe has laid out for you.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline alien51

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 03:46:21 am »
Hmm, well I'm not exactly using rocksmith as a tool. It's more of entertainment value and to play songs that I like.

Though, my initial question is what variation of A, D, and E chord are being used in rocksmith.

https://imgur.com/RMEEWwU
https://imgur.com/qYzTBy0
https://imgur.com/d6Cl3QA

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 04:38:14 am »
The E is a D shaped E chord the A is the top three notes of the E shaped
A barre chord. And the D is the top three notes of the A shaped barre chord.
Look up the CAGED system on the Justin's web site. It's way above your level
and will probably hurt your head but you asked.

Offline alien51

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 02:19:05 pm »
Thank you stitch101. It was bugging me because I wanted to understand how/why those chords came to be. After watching the video, and reading up on it, it makes sense now.

I'm looking forward till when my technical skill reaches this point.

Offline PurelyNicole

• Good Vibes 0
    • Pure Geekery
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 08:38:12 pm »
Rocksmith is a good game, but it's not a very good learning tool.

If you want to learn to play the guitar, do Justin's course. If you want to learn how to get a high score at Rocksmith, play Rocksmith.

...and if you want to play lead, learn rhythm first :)

Rocksmith itself may not be a great learning tool, but it has some great learning tools within it. The Guitarcade games really helped me memorize fret and string position, for example.

That being said, I've been playing Rocksmith for a while and still don't feel like I know how to play guitar. With it always giving me the notes, I never memorize anything. And I can't tell you what any individual chords are. That's why I'm here now.

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 09:22:50 pm »
Welcome to the forum Nicole
Smart move on your part. With games like Rocksmith you do things with your eyes
Music is all about your ears and listening.

Offline hilts17

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 48
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 09:40:44 pm »
Welcome to the forum Nicole. Does this mean you're going to start Justin's Beginner Course? It is the best way to start learning guitar.
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline PurelyNicole

• Good Vibes 0
    • Pure Geekery
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 02:47:15 pm »
Welcome to the forum Nicole. Does this mean you're going to start Justin's Beginner Course? It is the best way to start learning guitar.

That I am! Just started on Wednesday and am already impressed with the approach.

I feel like Rocksmith actually helped me learn to play bass, for some reason that "stuck" better. But their guidance videos didn't really do it for me for guitar. I can play notes as they appear, but I have no idea on the way everything comes together. Justin's course has been great for that.

Offline agj

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 4
  • Live in Didcot, Oxfordshire
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 06:25:09 am »
That I am! Just started on Wednesday and am already impressed with the approach.

I feel like Rocksmith actually helped me learn to play bass, for some reason that "stuck" better. But their guidance videos didn't really do it for me for guitar. I can play notes as they appear, but I have no idea on the way everything comes together. Justin's course has been great for that.

I only use Rocksmith for Bass and Lead and on higher levels the better you get, the less help it gives you, I've always had mine set to intermediate,  my daughter used it in beginner mode and soon got bored, she lost the will to live trying to learn 7 Nation Army on Rocksmith, then I showed her the basic riff and she picked it up pretty much straight away.
Fender 50s Classic series Strat, Squier Affinity Telecaster, Epiphone ES339, Vox Mini 3 G2, Blackstar Ht-5R

br />My Roadcase http://www.justinguitar.com/forum/index.php?topic=18937.0<br

Get The Forum As A Mobile App