Author Topic: My First YouTube Video (that isn't just an audio track with a single image)  (Read 448 times)

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
    • YouTube
First off, Happy New Year everyone! I haven't been around too much lately with the holidays and such, have I missed anything? :)

I decided to take a stab at making a YouTube video, mostly to see what the process is like and to determine its usefulness as another learning tool. Hopefully the gear demo may be helpful for folks looking for high value as well. As always, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
Nice one CT! Great to see you work your stuff! Some great tones there. What you played reminded me of this demo from the white albums 50th anniversary edition of helter skelter. You might wanna check it out. :)

Offline Dogwatch

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
Sounds really good. Your Tele looks sweet, I like the pearl pick guard, is it Squier or Fender?
The neck on your one looks identical to the one on mine.

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 203
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Firstly, welcome back and likewise everything of the best.  Trust you had a grand holiday, enjoyable time away ... I missed your recordings, Clint.

Secondly, did you miss anything?  Contest results and a bunch of recordings from a number of the regulars plus a couple of new folk joining in.  Go and check out AVOYP and you'll soon catch up  ;D

Thirdly, thanks for taking the extra trouble to produce this video.  Musically it was, as always, an enjoyable listen. And I like being able to watch how you are playing to pick up some tips to consider as I continue to try and get better at improvising, just by improvising (which I know is not the best way, but better than not improvising as all).

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 35
The playing was good and the guide to what effects you were using was really helpful. Yes the video definitely works as a learning tool.

Keith

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 402
  • Teesside, North East England.
Good to see you playing Clint.
I do like a video and yours is a goodie.
Is that the Trio or Trio+?
I have a Trio and haven't really got to using it yet … I have updated to get the 'simple bass' option. I'm thinking the Trio+ would have been a better buy.

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 62
I think that's really cool, and a lot of people are going to find it really helpful. I might even pull one of my electric guitars out. I basically have been only playing my acoustic for the past year, but seeing how you build on the sounds with the pedals was really eye opening, and I may give it a go.

Thanks for that!
Lynn

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline Sweed77

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
Nice playing as always CT.  Loved the way you setup the video listing the gear you are using.   
My soundcloud  https://soundcloud.com/sweed59

"The Thread"  the original beginners songbook thread https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=33339.0

Offline Fox Cunning

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 60
  • You are reading this line of text.
    • SoundCloud
Good stuff Clint! And good playing as well.
That Alpha Force sure sounds good.

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
    • YouTube
Thanks all for taking the time to give a listen and to comment! I appreciate the support.

@Balamuthiah, I wasn’t able to find much on YouTube to say for sure, but to be mentioned in the same context as the Beatles is pretty heady stuff. Certainly would be something to aspire to.

@Dogwatch, my guitar is the Monoprice Indio DLX Flamed Maple Top tele. One of the best high value purchases I’ve made. Love this rig, came setup as advertised and comes with a gig bag as well. Keep an eye out for sales on Monoprice and you can come away with some huge savings. I found this guitar to be comparable to the Squire Custom Vibe in terms of playability.   

@DavidP, there’s been some good stuff from you my friend. I haven’t been too far out of the loop not to notice that. You are starting to find your voice. Improvisation is a key part of Justin’s courseware, it’s a great way to bring all of the elements together and to apply them in a musical way.

@diademgrove, I think it was more of a learning tool for me! It’s a bit of a process to put a video together, and I have new respect for folks that crank out good content on a regular basis.

@close2u, it’s the regular Trio, which became a great value when the Trio+ hit the market. I hope to do some more focused videos on how I tend to use it. The pedal has just enough intelligence to pull off some very creative and interesting drum and bass lines. 

@redrhodie, looking forward to hearing you “Let ‘er Rip” on electric. There’s something special about the myriad of tones, volume, etc. Nothing else like it.

@Sweed77, one of the things I learned on playback was that the clean amp in the beginning was possibly my favorite section. I sensed better dynamics and a few more harmonics came through. This was a big surprise for me. 

@Fox Cunning, the Alpha Force delay and chorus are at their best in the FX loop. Probably worth exploring in another video. In this case I had it in front of the amp so that I could switch on the High Gain. The High Gain on this pedal can be a monster, I tend to keep the volume at unity and gain fairly low on it most of the time.

Offline max_mue

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 37
    • YT-channel
Nice video and cool tones, Clint  8)
It's nice being able to watch you play :)

Offline oldhead49

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 103
Clint, Nice job of the video, but I really got into your playing.  I just love that kind of vibe and sound.
Very nice job of it.. TFP

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
    • YouTube
@max_mue, thanks the nice comment. The tape doesn't lie though. I do have some things to clean up, but I hope to keep having fun getting better. I honestly didn't realize that my thumb sticks out that far when I play my tele. Maybe I should put it to better use and work on some Hendrix chords. :)

@oldhead49, glad you liked it. Hopefully I'll get some more videos up in the future. It should be noted that YouTube is a much more useful sharing platform than soundcloud. Much better analytics dashboard for your content. 

Offline Garfield

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 31
Hi CT nice work on the video I've never tried to put any captions or anything on one. I always think I'll do something fancy one day though.....
Nice playing started slow but I got into it. I'll circle back through to check out all the effects.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
    • YouTube
Thanks @Garfield for listening and for the nice comment! I used IMovie that came with my Mac for editing the video. Adding text titles was surprisingly simple.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App