Author Topic: 2019 cover #1  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 94
  • Cause I need more time yes I need more time...
2019 cover #1
« on: January 05, 2019, 09:34:44 am »
Hello. 2018 was mainly a technique training year but 2019 gonna be a cover training year. My new years promise was to record one cover each week.

I want pester you with all 52 but I will post some of them here. This is the first one. Vocals is in Swedish. Very basic rhythm playing but I am happy I finally can do this without to much problem. My pick problems is always gone and starting to feel more comfortable overall with the guitar. I also think the posture is better here.

https://youtu.be/UD2jDK7kfOk

Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017
IM started March 29, 2017
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCus_LSy8xc5x51NrBxMt5MQ

Online DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 370
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: 2019 cover #1
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 09:50:17 am »
Loefgren,

All the best for 2019 and on your goal to record a cover per week.

And you are off to a grand start.  I really enjoyed that recording.  I thought the playing was smooth, everything feeling relaxed, sounding good and an excellent job on the singing.  You certainly did look relaxed, perhaps still sitting a little hunched forward but as I say sounding good.  Oh and I did not think that rhythm was basic ... it had some variation, some accents.  Great job!!

Personally, I won't feel pestered if you post weekly ... I enjoy watching and listening to you.  I'd love to go with you on the journey.  So I say, keep posting them as you record them ... after all nobody is forcing anybody to take a look :)

Edit ... left out a rather import "not" in my thoughts on the rhythm :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:48:48 pm by DavidP »

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 638
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 10:37:40 am »
That is some target and I sincerely hope you make it.
Good start.
:)

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 106
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 11:44:12 am »
Hi Lars,

The noticeable thing is you don't appear to be concentrating on either the vocal or guitar playing; you seem totally at ease like a performer on stage.

Guitar has a nice warm tone.

Top job,

Digger

Offline Garfield

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 42
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 03:36:49 pm »
Very nice Johan playing and singing really solid. I cant wait hear the next 51. That's some challenge I hope you make it.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline max_mue

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 53
    • YT-channel
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 04:03:25 pm »
Very good Loefgren! You are already good at analyzing yourself :)
I assume 'För Dig' means 'For You'?

Personally, I won't feel pestered if you post weekly
dito :)
"When is the right time for anything? Who knows? Living is an art, not a science."

maxmue.wordpress.com

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 67
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 06:11:41 pm »
Sounds nice. Relaxed, comfortable, interacting with the audience. Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 94
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 06:46:57 am »
Thanks David, Richard, Gareth, Digger, Max and Pam for the nice words about this video.

Digger: Thanks but I am not a performer on stage, but yes I feel more at ease with my playing now. Its starting to get easy and I can concentrate on the song and the performance instead of not making errors and thats a very cool feeling.

Max: Yes you are right "För Dig" means "For You". It is one of my wife's favourite songs so I needed to start with this one. There are some more Winnerbäck songs on my list of covers for 2019.

David, Gareth, Richard and Max: Thanks for your support on my project of recording weekly. I have a list of songs and most of them i've practiced earlier, so hopefully I can make it. I see the project as a kind of evaluation of what I've learned so far. My plan is also to try and vary myself to some extent by applying different techniques  I learnt during beginner and intermediate course. I'll try to use different strumming patterns, fingerstyle playing, power chords, bar chords, dynamics, the slap strum etc.

Pam: Yes I am trying to interact and look into the camera a bit more instead of looking down at the guitar. Glad you noticed.

Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017

Offline sdd56

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 10:03:32 am »
That was enjoyable!

As others have said, very relaxed and comfortable. You've definitely overcome your struggles with the pick.

Has a definite Oasis vibe to it.
Started BC Sept 2016.
Acoustic: Yamaha F310, Washburn WD7, Freshman FA1AN, Taylor GS Mini
Electric: Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro
https://soundcloud.com/user-372122422
aka Stan

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 12:46:48 pm »
Very good! Your chord changes are looking very smooth and effortless. The strumming looks and sounds great. I didn't see any pick issues, but I have those still, and understand how frustrating it is. You did a great job singing and playing together. It sounded like it went with the music. I didn't see any hiccups. And your posture does look better. When you sing you hardly look at your hand. It'll be good to watch you improve over the year. Happy New Year!

Lynn

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 94
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 07:00:17 am »
Thanks Stan and Lynn. I am quite comfortable playing this one and also my overall playing has improved a bit lately . With that said my playing is still a bit sloppy and there are lots of things to work on for sure.

Stan: Thanks for the Oasis-reference its my favourite band so thats good. I have practiced a lot of Oasis songs so I guess I unconciously use rhythms/strumming patterns from their songs. The chord progression could be from an Oasis song as well.

Lynn: The pick has started to behave so much better and usually I dont even think about it anymore  :)  I have also find a #1 pick which I use all the time. Keep playing and try to stay relaxed I am sure your pick problems will soon be gone. Thanks for the comment on posture and not looking at fretting hand. I am trying to not look to much, but sometimes I need to check where my hands are.
Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017

Offline Balamuthiah

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 05:39:29 pm »
Good one Johan. Certainly saw some better posture and control. Can imagine the effort you put into that. Looking forward to listen to your weekly covers :)

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 94
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 08:32:01 am »
Thanks Bala! Lots of effort behind this performance and the improved posture for sure. Its gonna be a challenge to post a song every week, but hopefully I can make it. Thanks for your support.
Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017

Get The Forum As A Mobile App