Author Topic: App vs. Website  (Read 196 times)

Offline AChris30

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
App vs. Website
« on: December 27, 2018, 08:46:05 am »
Hello,
I stumbled into the Justin universe via the app. Now after a few months I found out that the real full course is on the website and the app is more or less a stripped down version or companion so I looked through the website and found out about many things that are not in the app (ear training) and that I presumably learned some things wrong (guitar on the false lap). Right now I am stuck and progress is really slow or non-existant and I worry that I messed it up because I missed so much from the website and have developed bad habits.
It would be nice to mention more clearly that the app is a companion that can't supplement the website.

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
Re: App vs. Website
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 10:03:10 am »
Chris

Can't pass comment on the app, as I've been following the courses via the website from day one. But if you are stuck and assuming you're following the Beginners Course, I suggest going back to beginning and refresh what you've learnt and pick up the things you think are missing from the app. It should not take you too long, as you will have done much already but it will get you back on track.

Even following the website lessons, I went back to the beginning 3 times during the BC - after losing focus and having plateaued as well - so it took me 22 months to complete. But restarting helped me get things in order and also confirmed to me how much I had learnt and actually improved.

Hope that helps

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline AChris30

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: App vs. Website
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 12:02:07 pm »
Thanks Toby,
maybe i have set the expectations in myself a bit to high. It went pretty easy for me up to now but now I am struggeling with some of the songs. I revisited all the ear trainings now and they went completely easy. So it's a matter of keep calm and strum on.
Chris

Get The Forum As A Mobile App