Author Topic: mustang I V.2 or Zoom G1Xon / mooer PE100+ hi-fi  (Read 294 times)

Offline saruman1970

• Good Vibes 0
mustang I V.2 or Zoom G1Xon / mooer PE100+ hi-fi
« on: December 23, 2018, 01:09:23 pm »
hi all again.
In the mean time I'm getting the guitar (sqier strat std)  I've done some search abaut effects.

I'll practice mostly on headphone or with my hifi and only at home so I've bought a little head amp (exo cyclope).

After that I'm thinking if adding a multi effect like the G1Xon or the PE100 is a good choice or, considered the not so big difference in price, it is worth going with a mustang, so even if I'll use it only sometimes and with low volume, I'll have a more compact and complete solution.

Beside that, is it the modelling of the mustang better or not than the two cited multieffect gears?

I know that probably I'm confronting very different choices but I have to decide in which direction going.

Thanks

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 103
Re: mustang I V.2 or Zoom G1Xon / mooer PE100+ hi-fi
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 06:23:48 pm »
Personally I would go with the Mustang for the versatility and immediacy of having a dedicated amp.

But it is a very personal thing.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline Johan217

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 29
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:34:47 am »
If the Eko Cyclope is comparable to the Vox Amplug, I doubt that combining it with a multi effects processor is going to give good results, so I would go for the Mustang or a similar modelling amp. As a Mustang user myself, I can say that the Mustang has pretty good headphone output.
Guitars: Chevy LP-C (1991), Squier VM Jaguar (2015)
Amp: Fender Mustang I v2 (2015)

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 10:09:41 am »
As Keith says its a personal thing but as a Mustang III user I'd go for the Fender in your situation - if it were me. Headphone output is good (as good as the 'phones of course) and they keep me out of the divorce courts. ;D

Although the Mustang I has "only" 24 preset, you can download others from the Fender Fuse website.

https://fuse.fender.com/mustang/presets/

I've used this to replace some of the originals effects that were not to my own personal taste but I also hold a number of effects on my PC, that I can use on the amp via FUSE if I'm trying to emulate a particular group or style. Very flexible IMHO.

Cheers

Toby
 8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline saruman1970

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 10:48:04 am »
So mustang 3 - zoom G1X 0 lol

Got it.

Just a question. Whit the usb interface on the mustang, if I've understood correctly, I can not only modify the presets but it also works   well as a usb interface to the pc for adding some other real time effects using a daw. Correct?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio SM-J530F utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 107
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 02:04:14 pm »
So mustang 3 - zoom G1X 0 lol

Got it.

Just a question. Whit the usb interface on the mustang, if I've understood correctly, I can not only modify the presets but it also works   well as a usb interface to the pc for adding some other real time effects using a daw. Correct?

Thanks

Yes you run the Fuse application on your PC/Laptop and can adjust the setting, change pedlals etc and if you want to keep the, save them as well. If you want to use an effect you've downloaded from the Fuse website. You can load that via the amp and it applies to the amp. If you want to replace one of the existing effect you can overwrite that with the new one. There's also a factory reset option if you wanted to restore all the standard effect that come as the package, should you want to do that in the future.

Using the USB I think you can record directly into a DAW but I'm not sure 100%
I connect my amps output to an Behringer Xenyx Q802USB Audio Interface and its USB connection then goes into my PC and DAW (Reaper).

Now as for Mustang III that one is a 100W amp, so make sure that not too powerful for your environment. My nearest neighbour is 650 metres away ........... but the wife's normally in the next room, hence the headphones.

For a starter practice amp the Mustang I would be ok at 20W - I've an old 30W Marshal that would still blow the windows out at full volume. So think carefully about the power output before buying.

Hope that helps.  8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline Barnezy

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 10:20:03 am »
If you are intending to play with headphones mostly, why not just get a a phone app? Tonebridge is completed free and is fantastic in my opinion. All you then need is a smartphone, a £9 iRig and a set of head phones. You can then save your money for an amp you really like further down the line. I started off plugging in to an amp with headphones and quickly realised it restricted where I could practice. The phone app solves that and I now have a Fender 57 Champ for when I want to plug in to a proper amp.

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar.com Forum
Guitars: Collings OM2H, Martin Dreadknought Junior, Fender MIA Std Stratocaster, Admira A2 Classical
Amps and Pedals: Blackstar HT1R, Boss GT1
Favourite Styles: Finger Style, Blues, Folk, Rock
Favourite Guitarists: Knopfler, Clapton, Greenwood, Jimmy

Offline saruman1970

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 11:53:19 am »
In the end I went with the mustang and a little cheap amp for the headphones.

With this equipments I have enough options to explore different sounds while studying or playing.

Good advice about the irig but I only have a cheap android phone so probably the  latency could be a big issue.

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions.     

Get The Forum As A Mobile App