Author Topic: Bass, the soulful monster that keeps everyone moving ...  (Read 1070 times)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
Bass, the soulful monster that keeps everyone moving ...
« on: December 20, 2018, 11:02:59 pm »
This is a quote from Lenny Kravitz

"No matter what you’re doing, bass is the instrument that has to hold down the groove and the foundation. It’s the glue that keeps the drums and the guitars together, and it’s the soulful monster that keeps everyone moving.”

You'll find it at the end of this article https://www.bassplayer.com/artists/lenny-kravitz-good-vibrations
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 195
  • Black country bloke, ijut intollerant 😂
Re: Bass, the soulful monster that keeps everyone moving ...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 07:42:36 am »
Quite agree with this, to me any track that doesn’t have some sort of Bass input is incomplete even if it’s only picking out bass notes from the chords. I also think that if you listen to any of Lenny’s tracks the Bass figures highly in it and generally speaking sounds glorious!
I guess that this quote from that link also sums up my thoughts
“That’s what bass is all about to me. Bass is an instrument that has the ability to get into your bones and make you move.”
Nice find and I guess you’re going to be venturing into how to add Bass to your recordings soon, good luck with it and above all have fun!
Still here, still learning - no longer letting Fibromyalgia get in the way, it sucks but doesn’t have to mean your life stops!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App