Author Topic: I Walk The Line - new Johnny Cash Cover  (Read 827 times)

Offline phx1973

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 40
Re: I Walk The Line - new Johnny Cash Cover
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 10:10:17 pm »
Tosh, excellent work my friend. I won’t got on about the potential for tribute act income again (oops, can’t stop thinking it though  ;D). A fine performance, you’re looking really comfortable with the guitar, I guess that comes with time playing and holding the instrument. Yet again you’ve filmed “live” and not fluffed. Your not looking at the guitar much, if at all, which is a measure of progress in my book. Really enjoy your performances.

You just keep feeding my ego about even the potential of having a johnny cash tribute thing going some day. Good news - word from the elves is I have a Johnny Cash guitar songbook on the way for Christmas. haha.

And yeah, right now I feel pretty comfortable playing the basic open chords without looking down much. I can still remember when that seemed impossible! So I definitely hear what you're saying.
BC completed August, 2016
Currently In Intermediate Method - Foundation 3
Gear: Fender Standard Tele, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Epiphone Hummingbird Pro (Acoustic), Fender Bassbreaker 15 Amp, Fender Mustang I amp

Offline Garfield

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 37
Re: I Walk The Line - new Johnny Cash Cover
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 10:23:08 pm »
Hey Garfield - I actually have played and recorded the version with key changes. It took me a long time to remember which key goes with which verse, but now I've got the hang of it. I actually prefer playing this simplified version better though, as it matches up with my voice a bit more naturally. Now I see why he did that little hum before each verse. It's definitely tricky starting out singing each verse in a different key. Cool trick though!
Ah sorry I've missed that version. I like playing it with the key changes and I like playing it fast, but I must admit I don't sing along.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App