Author Topic: Stage 4 7th Chords  (Read 294 times)

Offline jandekroet94

• Good Vibes 0
Stage 4 7th Chords
« on: December 03, 2018, 01:05:52 pm »
Hi all,

I'm now at stage 4 of the Beginner Song Course app. In the songs to practice they all contain the F Maj7 chord, but I couldn't find any songs with G7/C7/B7.

Am I missing something/misunderstanding something or are these chords not used in the app at all?

Thanks!

Offline PilgrimPod

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
Re: Stage 4 7th Chords
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 02:18:39 pm »
Just had a look myself and you're quite right all that I could see was FMaj7 used in the songs at that stage.

I like the utility of the app but it certainly is a little 'light' in places which I can only assume will be padded out later on down the line. :)

Do you have the courses song books? I would expect there to be a few songs using the chords you have learned in stage 4 but as I don't own them I can't confirm, sorry.

Again, I do like the app but if I could start all over I would have spent my money on the BC song books instead as I believe they would have offered me better value for money. I mainly use the app for tracking my 1MC's whereas a pen and paper would quite as easily sufficed. :D

I'm hoping Santa brings me a couple of spiral bound presents on Christmas day!

Offline jandekroet94

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 03:33:43 pm »
Thank you for your quick answer! I do not have the songbook, does that contain those new chords?

As I understand the songbook is basically the site with a lot of song written out, correct?

Offline Rezzie

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 04:28:59 pm »
I have the Justin Guitar Beginner's Songbook and I can confirm that there are songs containing 7th chords in the physical book.

Offline PilgrimPod

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 4
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 04:51:07 pm »
I have the Justin Guitar Beginner's Songbook and I can confirm that there are songs containing 7th chords in the physical book.
Good vibes my dude! 8)

Offline jandekroet94

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 10:11:15 am »
Awesome guys! I think I will check it out. Does the book also tell you how fast you have to play or do you have to figure that out by listening to the original song?

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 10:18:53 am »
Awesome guys! I think I will check it out. Does the book also tell you how fast you have to play or do you have to figure that out by listening to the original song?

Beginner's songbook 1 doesn't have tempos (tempi?), Beginner's Songbook 2 does. :)
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline jandekroet94

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 10:26:51 am »
Thanks, good to know. Then I think book 1 may be too hard for me, just playing at random speeds. I find it difficult to find the tempo from just listening to the songs

Offline jono

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 10:34:57 am »
There are a number of websites that give the BPM of songs, the ones I have used seem to be fairly accurate but regardless just play with a BPM you are comfortable with. I found both beginners songbooks invaluable as learning tools as they followed the course and would recommend you get both.

Offline Hzzn

• Good Vibes 1
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 05:25:51 am »
Justin has a BPM-counter at the website. Listen to a song and tap the beat and it will tell you the pace.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline jpcharron

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 06:21:29 am »
As a side note, I find songs in the Beginner Songbook 1 easier to play than those in BSB 2. Also at stage 4, I practice "Killing me softly" and "Dock of the Bay", and both contain Bmaj7 chords. Good luck!

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline OpsRes

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 12:22:47 pm »
Check out “Can’t Buy Me Love” in the Playground section. The chords used are Em Am Dm C7 G7 and F. I haven’t tried but I expect you could substitute an Fmaj7 for the F chord.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App