Author Topic: God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen  (Read 357 times)

Offline brianlarsen

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 19
Re: God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 10:29:26 pm »
Keith, Dave and I were inspired to make this by the holiday song contest. Unfortunately, we started it right away, before the rules changed, so now it's too long. It was against our collective artistic integrity to cut it to fit.
This is really well done!  8)
You've kept your artistic integrity too.

Now just take a three minute section of it, make a minute change, so it's technically a different piece, and enter it into the competition area where it was originally intended.
You're right, the competition is not about winning- it's about taking part  :)

Offline diademgrove

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 03:35:24 pm »
Thanks for all the positive comments.

The song was done first and the video cut to match the music. I left far too much video on the cutting room floor. The song should have been even longer.

The Urban Legends Northern Lights event was pretty spectacular. The film only gives a small taste of what it was like walking around watching all the visual art.

The music was to celebrate Christmas first and enter the competition second. We wanted to do God Rest in our style which we achieved.

It would be wrong to cut bits out of it just to fit a 3 minute format. Knowing my taste you'd be left with a lot of backward processed noise and no melody.

Thanks again, your comments are much appreciated.

Keith

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 89
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 08:29:17 pm »
Wow Red,
That is quite the intro! Interesting take on this song... I like traditional so this is a bit out there for me. Shame you picked one over the time limits! Good effort and nicely done though!

Have a rocking Merry Christmas!
Lbro
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Get The Forum As A Mobile App