Author Topic: A day in the life (Cover)  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
Re: A day in the life (Cover)
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 12:15:57 pm »
Top notch, Bala!

This is a really complicated piece, which you have captured the essence of with just your guitar and voice  8)

Forget the vibes- you win a prize for this!

The prize is free bed & breakfast in our Merseyside Airbnb, with a personal tour of Liverpool, including Strawberry fields, Penny Lane and the houses the fab four grew up in.

Hell, I'll even throw in a pint in the Cavern!

Let me know when you're coming  ;)

Wow Brian that prize got me out of sleep! :O I’d die in peace just for the idea of that prize thrown out to me! As a matter of fact I was only there last year. Unfortunately, my stay was short in Liverpool since it was a long drive from Soton where my sister graduated. I did a half day tour which started with the new Beatles’ statue on the pier, followed by the museum nearby and then we walked around some of the important buildings in Liverpool and finishing up in the cavern and since I was very interested in the Beatles the guide took me to a bar where the Beatles used to hang out all the time.
But the extended tour that you proposed! Wow I’d definitely die a happy man! However I really don’t know when I’d go back there. Probably going to be years before that happens :) but I’ll definitely let you know. Forget the prize I’d stick for a few jams, a few pints at the cavern and we could just go around Liverpool together as mates. How’s that? ;)

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 42
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2018, 12:44:39 pm »
I really don’t know when I’d go back there. Probably going to be years before that happens :) but I’ll definitely let you know. Forget the prize I’d stick for a few jams, a few pints at the cavern and we could just go around Liverpool together as mates. How’s that? ;)

Sounds like a plan ;D

I'm glad you got the whole Beatles experience.
Don't worry, it's an open-ended prize  ;) I reckon I'm here for the long haul.
Anyway, a couple of years will give me time to learn a bit of guitar and some fab four tunes.

Do you believe in Karma?
Look what a friend lent (me &) my son on Sunday:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM2EKYEqlDDY79a-mkCl7rpZp9crNd43FvZBo_c

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2018, 12:53:02 pm »
Sounds like a plan ;D

I'm glad you got the whole Beatles experience.
Don't worry, it's an open-ended prize  ;) I reckon I'm here for the long haul.
Anyway, a couple of years will give me time to learn a bit of guitar and some fab four tunes.

Do you believe in Karma?
Look what a friend lent (me &) my son on Sunday:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM2EKYEqlDDY79a-mkCl7rpZp9crNd43FvZBo_c

Well I still have a lot of things I wanna see like Strawberry fields, Penny lane, the homes of the Beatles, Eleanor Rigby’s tombstone etc.! And I’m sure you’d learn tons of the fab four’s work! Also I do believe in Karma however I’m unable to see the picture you shared due to an error 404 :( I’m curious though!

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 42
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 01:43:50 pm »
I’m curious though!

A good friend lent my son this, half an hour before I watched your video  ;)

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 02:14:28 pm »
A good friend lent my son this, half an hour before I watched your video  ;)

Wow Brian! That's unbelievable! :O It's an amazing guitar for being so inexpensive. Take good care of it! :)

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 89
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2018, 03:15:05 pm »
Hi Bala,

One of my top 5 Beatles songs.
Thought you did a grand job.
I remember having a crack at it many moons ago myself; not sure I carried it off quite so well.

Why not go for a full on production with some overdubs for the orchestral parts?

Nice one.

Digger

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2018, 03:54:01 pm »
Hi Bala,

One of my top 5 Beatles songs.
Thought you did a grand job.
I remember having a crack at it many moons ago myself; not sure I carried it off quite so well.

Why not go for a full on production with some overdubs for the orchestral parts?

Nice one.

Digger

Thank you Digger. It’s my favorite Beatles song. I am thinking about doing a full on production but I’m not sure if I can pull it off really. One of these days I’ll give it a shot :) thank you for the listen and comments.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App