Author Topic: Original Song - "Stone"  (Read 1426 times)

Offline b1rdland

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
Original Song - "Stone"
« on: November 07, 2018, 03:59:43 pm »
Hi, here's my latest effort - "Stone" - needs a few tweaks, but pretty much complete.  Not a clean guitar in sight  ;D - Grateful for your feedback. Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/steve-cardus/stone/s-qWeEb

My legs feel like stone climbing up that hill
The weight of the world on my back has really done me in

Stop the world for a second and lend me your wings
Let me fly free while this melody spins

Featherlight I clear my mind above the Karman line
Edge of space beyond cloud 9 a natural anodyne

Start the world in a second and take back your wings
Reset my polarity while this melody spins

I've got my head in the clouds.............
My album - https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/monochromeguitars/angel-heart-2
Gibson es335
Fender Telecaster Professional
Taylor GS Mini-e

Offline brianlarsen

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 42
Re: Original Song - "Stone"
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 05:55:20 pm »
Hey Birdman, this is your best offering yet- and that's a bigly compliment!

I may be way off track, but I'm getting a weird 'Madchester' vibe off this- all Happy Mondays/primal screaming. If you ever perform that live, give this 'Bez'-a-bell... I'll be your dancer  ;)

Not only that, but I learned what the Karman line is as well as the other meaning of anodyne.
You should be on Sesame Street! :P
Vibes coming your way \m/

Offline phx1973

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 39
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 06:02:30 pm »
love the sound of that electric guitar riffing, Birdman. Very well done!
BC completed August, 2016
Currently In Intermediate Method - Foundation 3
Gear: Fender Standard Tele, Gibson Les Paul Junior, Epiphone Hummingbird Pro (Acoustic), Fender Bassbreaker 15 Amp, Fender Mustang I amp

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 06:12:32 pm »
Dang Birdland! Not only are you quick with songs but you definitely make a good product in that short time. You’re truly gifted! How did you do that thing at 1:04?! What’s it called? And is that a harp I hear towards the end at about 2:28? You also have a natural gift for find the right sounds and finding the space for many such right sounds. The song gave me a whole John Lennon solo vibe for some reason. Maybe it’s just me. Good one Birdland! Time for me to go to work! :)

Offline b1rdland

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 07:08:42 pm »
Hey Birdman, this is your best offering yet- and that's a bigly compliment!

I may be way off track, but I'm getting a weird 'Madchester' vibe off this- all Happy Mondays/primal screaming. If you ever perform that live, give this 'Bez'-a-bell... I'll be your dancer  ;)

Not only that, but I learned what the Karman line is as well as the other meaning of anodyne.
You should be on Sesame Street! :P
Vibes coming your way \m/
Haha Brian, you made me chuckle! Never got the Madchester link until I gave another listen, and you're right there's a flavour in there.  I look like something off Sesame Street, so I'd fit in well ;D
Gibson es335
Taylor GS Mini-e

Offline b1rdland

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 07:09:49 pm »
love the sound of that electric guitar riffing, Birdman. Very well done!
Thanks for taking a listen phx!
Gibson es335
Taylor GS Mini-e

Offline b1rdland

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 07:18:33 pm »
Dang Birdland! Not only are you quick with songs but you definitely make a good product in that short time. You’re truly gifted! How did you do that thing at 1:04?! What’s it called? And is that a harp I hear towards the end at about 2:28? You also have a natural gift for find the right sounds and finding the space for many such right sounds. The song gave me a whole John Lennon solo vibe for some reason. Maybe it’s just me. Good one Birdland! Time for me to go to work! :)
Cheers Bala! The thing at 1:04 is the tempo track being slowed down for a second (stop the world for a second) it's in GarageBand - there's a few vids on line explaining how to do it. First time I've tried it - cool tho! There is no harp, I can only hear my squealing backing vocal  ;D I need to fix the ending if the tune it's too clunky.  I can only think the Lennon thing is my posh scouse accent  ;D - thanks man, really appreciate the feedback.
Gibson es335
Taylor GS Mini-e

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 217
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 07:21:31 pm »
Very polished production, b1rdland, the writing, arrangement,  mix, tones. Really creative. Fabulous original tune.

Offline Balamuthiah

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 49
  • Keep that one and mark it "Fab"! -Paul McCartney
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 09:35:11 pm »
Cheers Bala! The thing at 1:04 is the tempo track being slowed down for a second (stop the world for a second) it's in GarageBand - there's a few vids on line explaining how to do it. First time I've tried it - cool tho! There is no harp, I can only hear my squealing backing vocal  ;D I need to fix the ending if the tune it's too clunky.  I can only think the Lennon thing is my posh scouse accent  ;D - thanks man, really appreciate the feedback.

Thank you on the information about slowing time! Man the thing I love about you is your ability to use these effects into your songs with such brilliance! Very Beatlesque indeed! I was debating if that was a squeal or a harp, it actually sounded like a harp really. I really wouldn't change anything from the song. But go for it if you feel like it! You might come up with something even more brilliant and there's always the old track to go back to if it doesn't work out.

Ah! Are you from Liverpool? I've been there once! It was a dream come true to do the Beatles guided tour! My sister's in Southampton still so I might come back again someday!

Offline b1rdland

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 09:41:15 pm »
Yep I'm from Liverpool - don't live there now, but visit a lot for football, gigs and a few beers!
Gibson es335
Taylor GS Mini-e

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 09:49:40 pm »
b1, what a groove. Such enticing almost hypnotic, perhaps from beyond the Karman line? sounds echoing your most excellent lyrics. Love love love your lyrics. I can hear so many interpretations of this. Thanks for this. You've set my mind and spirit searching. Such is the power of your music.

Offline b1rdland

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 10:06:02 pm »
b1, what a groove. Such enticing almost hypnotic, perhaps from beyond the Karman line? sounds echoing your most excellent lyrics. Love love love your lyrics. I can hear so many interpretations of this. Thanks for this. You've set my mind and spirit searching. Such is the power of your music.
Thank you, those are special comments!
Gibson es335
Taylor GS Mini-e

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 59
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 04:50:44 am »
That's a really tasty track!  Vibe for days and it shifts gears a few times. You can take it off of private listening, that one has legs. 8)

Offline b1rdland

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 11:33:32 am »
That's a really tasty track!  Vibe for days and it shifts gears a few times. You can take it off of private listening, that one has legs. 8)
Thanks CT - it is now public  ;D  Appreciate you taking the time to have a listen.
Gibson es335
Taylor GS Mini-e

Offline max_mue

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 39
    • YT-channel
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 12:52:58 pm »
I'm out of words, it's just great & I really dig your music. Good thing you've already created so many songs, but I'm looking forward to your next one anyway :D

Get The Forum As A Mobile App