Author Topic: Collaboration thread. Come together & team up in here.  (Read 409 times)

Offline brianlarsen

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 19
Re: Collaboration thread. Come together & team up in here.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 04:31:22 pm »
Vocals now allowed
Ha! I had little to offer in terms of instrumental collaboration before (poor skills, no technology), but now that songs are allowed, if anyone's stuck for some lyrics, I'd be happy to put my thinking cap on and see what falls out  ;)
Mind you it would have to be a dystopian Carol with doggerel rhymes.

(I won't be upset if no takers- who knows, I might even do one for the AVOYP section)

I'm looking forward to listening to the entries already!

Offline Fourtwo

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 33
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 05:48:10 pm »
Hey Brian, I'm happy to give it a go with you, although I'm not quite sure what "doggerel rhymes" constitutes. Are you up for it?
Neil

Offline brianlarsen

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 19
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 06:27:25 pm »
Hey Brian, I'm happy to give it a go with you, although I'm not quite sure what "doggerel rhymes" constitutes. Are you up for it?
Neil

Me and my big mouth!

I guess you shouldn't talk the talk unless you're willing to walk the walk (even if it's a gang-plank!)

Offer gratefully accepted, as long as you're ok with gently calling it a day and remaining on friendly terms if it doesn't pan out the way either of us would like?

Wikipedia defines doggerel as
1) poetry that is irregular in rhythm and in rhyme, often deliberately for burlesque or comic effect.
2) Alternatively, it can mean verse which has a monotonous rhythm, easy rhyme, and cheap or trivial meaning. The word is derived from the Middle English dogerel, probably a derivative of dog.

We're talking 2 here  :)

I shall be guided by your musical leanings.
I set my sights high and keep expectations low.
I was thinking of something approaching these sentiments

I'll pm you soon  :)

Offline glpguitar

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 09:46:21 pm »
Wow, this thread exploaded. I lost the track who is already doing something and who to contact haha.

So if there is anybody who wants to collaborate, let me know. There are few things I've been part of posted at the bottom of page 1 in this thread but I am not limited to any style (can do classic carols, pop tunes or some alternative poetry, all is good).

I just want to make some music and have fun making it with other people. I can provide guitar/piano/backing vocals and bass if really needed (I own a bass but this does not make me a great bassist haha).

And as Max said, can't wait to hear all the music everybody is making :D!

Offline willsie01

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 06:34:51 pm »
Hi, I've not visited the forum very much recently so just seen this thread.
Pretty exciting idea.
If anyone can use an acoustic guitar contribution then that's where I'm at ;)
Although I have got an Epiphone ES 335 copy hanging on the wall that I haven't touched since the first week I bought it, if any use can be made of that.
No recording skills to speak of.
An eclectic taste in music.
If anyone can be bothered to look a video of me doing a Christmas song last year is in the competition archives: Mary's Boy Child, which pretty much shows where I'm at.
Anyone...?

Offline glpguitar

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 08:45:09 pm »
Willsie in case you miss it in the inbox - I sent you a private message.

Offline brianlarsen

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 19
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2018, 10:57:52 pm »
If anyone can be bothered to look a video of me doing a Christmas song last year is in the competition archives: Mary's Boy Child, which pretty much shows where I'm at.
Anyone...?
Hey look... someone's bothered! :P
I really enjoyed that. That was a year ago- Are you still there or have you kept it up?
I just tried base note picking and strumming recently. I find it very difficult to get a handle on, but makes me want to go full-time into folk style picking!

I see you have a nibble on your line  :)
I look forward to seeing you & glp in the competition zone soon.
I spent a really enjoyable afternoon with good friends offering advice on 'more appropriate' chord sequences for the ditty I'm working on.

I look forward to further offerings from you- and for goodness sake take that guitar off the wall and give us a taste of what it sounds like  :)

Offline willsie01

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 12:11:34 am »
...makes me want to go full-time into folk style picking!

After reverting to mainly strumming chord patterns I've quite recently started to do a bit of finger picking again.
Been practicing "It Doesn't Matter Anymore", finger style courtesy of Eva Cassidy's version of Linda Ronstadt's arrangement of Buddy Holly's song. I really love this kind of playing. Also just getting into Justin's arrangement of Stevie Nicks "Landslide".

I can really get emotionally attached to my playing finger style if the groove is right.

Regards,

John

Offline willsie01

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 02:18:16 pm »
...anyone like to collaborate by contributing the female part of a duet?

Very worthwhile project  ;)

Offline makemerry

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 07:19:33 pm »
Would enjoy finding a collaborator.   I'm new here ... play guitar, banjo, mandolin (most fretted instruments) pretty well, sing, and other assorted music skills.  Have played in bands and arranged music.  Published writer, but new to lyric writing.  Very positive personal vibe, supportive.  Minimal technical experience (especially collaborating musically long distance ... from Alaska!)  so you'd have to provide the guidance there.    :)

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 46
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 10:38:18 pm »
I reached out to @oldhead49 to do a collaboration on "The Grinch", only because his voice would absolutely slay it. He couldn't commit, so the idea died. I have no interest in participating at this point, just thought someone might dig or appreciate my idea. :)

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 59
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 11:14:25 pm »
I reached out to @oldhead49 to do a collaboration on "The Grinch", only because his voice would absolutely slay it. He couldn't commit, so the idea died. I have no interest in participating at this point, just thought someone might dig or appreciate my idea. :)
I bet Oldhead could also sing an amazing frosty the snowman. But yeah, that would've been awesome. Sorry we don't get to hear that.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 399
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 11:31:31 pm »
Collaborators need to be getting their act together very very quickly as we are now in to December
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:11:11 am by close2u »

Offline john256

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 28
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 01:00:27 am »
Hi all. I've been waiting for December as I don't really like doing Christmas early :)

I would be interested in collaborating, but for me as a Christian this is a time of particular significance and I'd like to work with others who feel the same... An instrumental of a carol perhaps, or reworking of a choral piece (Britten?) - something classy.

I can play decent rhythm, simple lead/fingerstyle or even simpler bass. I know the basics of garageband if that helps.

Sorry I've not read through all this thread. Maybe I left it too late, but let me know if you're interested.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 399
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2018, 11:20:28 am »
One entry so far.

A cracker (pun intended).

Please get your collabs finished and uploaded soon folks.

:)

ho ho ho

Get The Forum As A Mobile App