Author Topic: Taylor, Seagull or Tanglewood?  (Read 157 times)

Offline BoyNorman

• Good Vibes 0
Taylor, Seagull or Tanglewood?
« on: November 04, 2018, 12:13:48 pm »
Hey all. I've been playing about 18 months now and have been learning through justinguitar and using UG Tabs app.  I'm on the intermediate courses now and want to upgrade from my Fender CD60 to a better guitar. I enjoy finger picking (as a pointer the hardest thing i can play at the mo is Johnny Flynns Detectorists theme) and playing folk or rock stuff but acoustic versions.
I don't want to spend much over £500 if i can help it but i will if neccesary. From friends feedback the best quality for my buck seems to be Taylor, Seagull or Tanglewood but the problem i have is that i live in Sweden in BF nowhere. I did try a Taylor in a shop when on a trip away, and really liked it especially the grand auditorium body, but nowhere here has Seagull or Tanglewood to try.
Based on what I've written does anyone have advice on a brand/model that would suit?
Cheers in advance.

Offline GregS

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Taylor, Seagull or Tanglewood?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 11:43:30 pm »
I'm a real newbie, I'm only into stage 2 of the BC.  So I don't really have all that much insight into the guitars.

However, I played around with a Seagull a year or so ago and it was very comfortable.

However, you have to think about if you really want to buy a guitar that you have not been able to try out?

Do you have any plans in the not too distant future when you will go on holiday?  Maybe try out some of the ones you are thinking about?  You've been playing your CD60 for 18 months, what's a couple more months?

If you feel that you can't wait, I'd go with the Taylor.
Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul 100

Get The Forum As A Mobile App