Author Topic: Getting app to work on tablet  (Read 291 times)

Offline kkraenzl

• Good Vibes 0
Getting app to work on tablet
« on: October 25, 2018, 01:00:48 am »
I love the app, except that it is a little too small to use on my phone.  I wanted to download it on my tablet, but I had an older tablet that only runs Android 4.2

I read that JustinGuitar required Android version 5.0 or higher, so I bought an unbranded (cheap) tablet that runs Android 6.0.  I still get a message in the play store that "your device isn't compatible with this version"

I tried downloading the apk file for justinguitar, but I get message saying "there was a problem parsing the package" every time I try.

Is there anything I can do to get the app to work on either tablet?

-Karl

Offline BellaHamilton

• Good Vibes 0
    • great gatsby character analysis
Re: Getting app to work on tablet
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 08:35:47 am »
First off, does the Tablet have 'Google Market'? Some don't come with the Market preinstalled and it can be difficult to get the Market onto a device that Google don't support.

Assuming you have access to the market with your tablet, have you created an account with Google? You need to have an account with Google and be signed in (android signs in automatically), in order to download apps from the market.
Editor at freebooksummary

Offline lianergoist

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 09:21:19 am »

First off, does the Tablet have 'Google Market'?

Google Market is now called Google Play.

Offline lianergoist

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 09:25:17 am »
I love the app, except that it is a little too small to use on my phone.  I wanted to download it on my tablet, but I had an older tablet that only runs Android 4.2

I read that JustinGuitar required Android version 5.0 or higher, so I bought an unbranded (cheap) tablet that runs Android 6.0.  I still get a message in the play store that "your device isn't compatible with this version"

I tried downloading the apk file for justinguitar, but I get message saying "there was a problem parsing the package" every time I try.

Is there anything I can do to get the app to work on either tablet?

-Karl
It is a rather big download, so maybe there is no space left for the download? Maybe there is a SD-card in the tablet, and you can move some apps to the card and that way free up some space. Or else, try to delete some apps you don't use.

Offline kkraenzl

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 06:33:09 am »
I was signed into google and could download other apps, just not JustinGuitar.

I'm sure it was the tablet.  It had good specs like 64Gb of storage, but screen lagged for inputs and build quality was poor.  I was looking at other cheap tablets, but finally decided to go ahead an buy a Galaxy Tab S2 used for a reasonable price.

I have just downloaded the JustinGuitar app and have it up and running.  It took a few minutes, but the paid subscription did transfer over. 

From reading other places on the site, it appears there is no way to get the progress on the learning path to transfer over, so I guess I will be "faking" my way through the first 4 stages.....

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 07:39:34 am by kkraenzl »

Get The Forum As A Mobile App