Author Topic: Fingerstyle series 2  (Read 1288 times)

Offline pumukk

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Fingerstyle series 2
« on: October 19, 2018, 11:45:28 am »
Hi, I enjoyed this course but I think you can add other songs and styles in a new series. I have other fingerstyle courses like Travis and Steve Krinz but they are too dificult or  the songs are really boring like happy birthday, or ode to joy.
Something like two gallants stuff would be great, they play fingerpiking allmost all the time  or others punchy songs 8)

Offline FThomas

• Good Vibes 0
  • Music is medicine for the soul.
Re: Fingerstyle series 2
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 12:06:52 pm »
The Learn and Master Series and Fingerstyle Guitar by Steve Krenz are excellent resources.  The songs provide important key fundamentals for fingerstyle that must be learned even though the songs are not exciting and are dated. 

Toby Walker - Fingerstyle Acoustic Blues
The songs are challenging and require slow repetition to get the thumb driving the bass and operating independently of your fingers.  I practice these at 60bpm and work up to 100bpm. 

Fingerstyle Handbooks 1 and 2 by David Hamburger
Very challenging work that increases in complexity and difficulty with each step forward. 
Teaches complex melody over a steady bass.  Great stuff.

Fingerstyle Folk here on Justin Guitar is awesome for learning the basic patterns.  Take them slow and then bring up to speed of 90bpm alternating between chords and patterns in an improvisational way will really help you get it down.

No matter the difficulty if any of the above are broken down into the bass part and the melody finger parts they can be learned easily.  Take it slow and work on proper fretting hand technique along with the right hand fingerpicking and progress will be a sure thing.   
The guitar and music are the passion that transforms the world around me into a more inviting place.

Enjoy the journey

Offline pumukk

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: Fingerstyle series 2
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 10:42:23 am »
The Learn and Master Series and Fingerstyle Guitar by Steve Krenz are excellent resources.  The songs provide important key fundamentals for fingerstyle that must be learned even though the songs are not exciting and are dated. 

Toby Walker - Fingerstyle Acoustic Blues
The songs are challenging and require slow repetition to get the thumb driving the bass and operating independently of your fingers.  I practice these at 60bpm and work up to 100bpm. 

Fingerstyle Handbooks 1 and 2 by David Hamburger
Very challenging work that increases in complexity and difficulty with each step forward. 
Teaches complex melody over a steady bass.  Great stuff.

Fingerstyle Folk here on Justin Guitar is awesome for learning the basic patterns.  Take them slow and then bring up to speed of 90bpm alternating between chords and patterns in an improvisational way will really help you get it down.

No matter the difficulty if any of the above are broken down into the bass part and the melody finger parts they can be learned easily.  Take it slow and work on proper fretting hand technique along with the right hand fingerpicking and progress will be a sure thing.   

Thanks!!! Looks like I have a lot of work :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App