Author Topic: Jesus Ranch - Tenacious D - acoustic cover  (Read 492 times)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 84
Re: Jesus Ranch - Tenacious D - acoustic cover
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 12:31:20 am »
What fun! Love your vocal gymnastics Cagn and the way you deliver. This is a treat. Thankyou.  :)

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 84
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2018, 12:32:46 am »

Cagn is actually coming from my complete name which is "Cagnon", French name, so the "a" would be pronounced like in "mama". It 's actually really close to English word "canyon" (only the "on" would be pronounced differently, but I wouldn't know how to explain the pronunciation of this "on" haha, cause I am not even sure it exists in English, or have no example right now, but you have the idea for the "cagn") haha

Thanks for this too. Most interesting.

Online redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 59
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 01:31:29 am »
Hey Lynn
Thank you very much !!
Cagn is actually coming from my complete name which is "Cagnon", French name, so the "a" would be pronounced like in "mama". It 's actually really close to English word "canyon" (only the "on" would be pronounced differently, but I wouldn't know how to explain the pronunciation of this "on" haha, cause I am not even sure it exists in English, or have no example right now, but you have the idea for the "cagn") haha
You could also pronounce it as you prefer haha  ;D

Thanks a lot  :D
Haha, that clears that up! Thanks, Cagn.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline tobyjenner

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 103
  • You're never too old to Rock'n'Roll
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 08:13:16 am »
Hey Lynn
Thank you very much !!
You could also pronounce it as you prefer haha  ;D

Thanks a lot  :D

Mrs B / Lynn

Think Can Neon with a heavy cold and you'd be close. Man those "gn"s always trip me up.  8)
Arrived here Mar 2013 Since completed BC, RUST 1 & 2, IM and MTMS Now on Blues Rhythm and Blues Lead
My Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tobyjenner/
Roadcase : https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=39537.msg339454#msg33945

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 89
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 09:17:55 am »
Hey LBro
Thanks a lot man !! :)
The mic is a shure sm58, dynamic mic.  (it is really famous and used by a lot of people ;), cause it's good and affordable )
What is DI ? I plugged my guitar straight to the sound interface (focusrite solo 2), not sure I should have done that ... but well...  :D 8)
Hi Cagn - An SM58 - I should have known that as I have the SM57 and another Sure that looks just like a SM58. I think the black and white video threw me!

Di is short for Direct In - It is exactly what you did. Nothing wrong with that at all as long as you like the tone your getting. I can't play loud where I live so I use DI most of the time.

Ok I have a suggestion on this "Cagn" pronunciation deal. Have you ever heard Johnny Cash when he comes out in some of his recordings, where he says: "Hi, I'm Johnny Cash"? I suggest to you on a future song you do that to start out with such an introduction. In other words: "Hi, I'm C-a-g-n and this is my song". Say it a bit slow so folks can really make it out.

You take care to keep rocking!
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline Barend

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 11
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2018, 09:36:37 am »
Thorougly enjoyed this Cagn, it brought a big smile to my dial.  I never heard of tenacious D before, so i listened to some of their stuf... Hilarious, fun, and musically clever for sure.   
Keep on rocking. Cheers. B

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 84
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2018, 06:47:22 pm »
Mrs B / Lynn

Think Can Neon with a heavy cold and you'd be close. Man those "gn"s always trip me up.  8)

Toby you are a gem  :)  thanks for this. Internet searches weren't a whole lot of help. None of them gave me the extra clue with the heavy cold.

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 13
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2018, 07:35:35 pm »
Hey,

Thanks a lot for all compliments.

And thanks for the interest in my name haha, it makes me laugh. For even more explanation, my whole name is K√©vin Cagnon, but a lot of friends call me "La Cagn" ("La" being "the" in French).  So that's why "Cagn on rocks"  ;). You can call me as you wish ;)

Hi Cagn - An SM58 - I should have known that as I have the SM57 and another Sure that looks just like a SM58. I think the black and white video threw me!

Di is short for Direct In - It is exactly what you did. Nothing wrong with that at all as long as you like the tone your getting. I can't play loud where I live so I use DI most of the time.

Ok I have a suggestion on this "Cagn" pronunciation deal. Have you ever heard Johnny Cash when he comes out in some of his recordings, where he says: "Hi, I'm Johnny Cash"? I suggest to you on a future song you do that to start out with such an introduction. In other words: "Hi, I'm C-a-g-n and this is my song". Say it a bit slow so folks can really make it out.

You take care to keep rocking!
LB
Thanks for all details :)
I like your idea LBro, I'll do something like that next time I do a live song like that one ;) (there is actually something like this on another original song I 'll try to release pretty soon too ;))

Hey Cagn,
Really enjoyed it. Great performance and a very good sound. Some nice delay on vocals ;) Is this your new mic already or the old one?
Cheers,
Roman
Hey Roman,
Thanks a lot man. No it's actually the same mic I used for all previous recording. But I'd like to buy a new one, a condenser one, for better recording. (Need to go look for information first, cause I don't really know much about that).

Thank you  ;D

Online max_mue

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 33
    • YT-channel
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2018, 08:28:22 pm »
Really cool :)
The fun you had comes through and transfers - thanks for that :)

Keep rockin' and I'm looking forward to you next video!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App