Author Topic: Squires - used standard or new affinity  (Read 501 times)

Offline jono

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
Squires - used standard or new affinity
« on: October 29, 2018, 12:20:09 pm »
Hi all

I have a minor dilemma.
I am in the market for another telecaster as mine has a twisted neck and a maxed out trussrod and as it only cost £30-40 I dont think it is worth repairing.
I have seen a 2005 standard tele in a well known UK pawn shop for £155, I would be unable to check it before buying, a new affinity would be the same price.
My question really is has the quality of the affinities risen over the last 13 years to make it a better option to buy a new affinity than buying an older standard tele.

Thanks
Jono

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 31
Re: Squires - used standard or new affinity
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:46:07 pm »

My question really is has the quality of the affinities risen over the last 13 years to make it a better option to buy a new affinity than buying an older standard tele.

Thanks
Jono

It's all relative, but I will say that I'm happy enough with my 10 year old Affinity Strat. The neck's a bit on the skinny side, but I can live with that.

£155 is on the high side for a 2005 Standard though.
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline jono

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 18
Re: Squires - used standard or new affinity
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 02:52:42 pm »
Thanks. It's probably not worth the risk. I called the shop and it is in good condition but the neck is quite bowed.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Get The Forum As A Mobile App