Author Topic: Features to look for in a cheap fun amp for acoustic  (Read 94 times)

Offline dchance

• Good Vibes 0
Features to look for in a cheap fun amp for acoustic
« on: October 10, 2018, 01:25:43 pm »
My skill is that of the completed beginner course here at Justinguitar. I have a Taylor acoustic/elec. I am wanting a small amp to mess with at home.

Not very knowledgeable, but are there features to look for in an amp that would make it more suitable for playing with an acoustic?

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 172
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Features to look for in a cheap fun amp for acoustic
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 04:19:09 pm »
I'm no expert ...

As I understand it you need an amp that is designed for an acoustic guitar.  You get some modelling amps that are multi-purpose and have functionality that will work for an acoustic.  Then you get specific amps for acoustic guitars.

Depending on your reasons for wanting to amplify and thoughts about your ongoing learning path, particular options may be more or less appropriate.

For example, if you plan to also get into playing an electric guitar then a modelling amp that is designed to accommodate acoustic as well as usual electric guitar would be a good bet.

If you plan to become a solo performer, busking or playing in small venues say coffee shop over lunch then maybe an amp designed for an acoustic with a second input channel for plugging in a mic would be a good bet.

So perhaps sharing some more of what you want to achieve would help the more knowledgeable folk offer more pertinent suggestions.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App