Author Topic: My first guitar  (Read 735 times)

Offline mikebdomain

• Good Vibes 0
My first guitar
« on: October 09, 2018, 09:39:53 am »
Hi I've bought a Lag T100ASCE acoustic guitar and have been slowly learning my basic chords - I've just joined Justin guitar and have watched the beginner videos and am wondering if I should invest in an electric guitar. I like the LAG, love the sound and think its fine to learn on but it's noisy if I want to practice at night - anyone got any suggestions on a good medium quality electric starter guitar and how much should I be looking at spending.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 237
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: My first guitar
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 10:07:22 am »
Welcome Mike.

There are lots of posts on the Community about where to start with electric guitars.

Another option is to get a sound-hole plug which will help mute the guitar.  I haven't tried one yet but have been thinking about getting one for the same reason.  And I am sure if it works it will be less money than an electric and you sound happy as things are.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
  • What was I doing?
Re: My first guitar
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:11:12 am »
Yes, don’t spend yet a soundhole plug will do the job.
If you want to see how it works before you buy one just cover it with something or stuff a piece of cloth in the soundhole, it should give you an idea.
If you must go electric the Squier standard series are ok and the Fender player series for more money.
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Get The Forum As A Mobile App