Author Topic: Fender Newporter player  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Blackrabbit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Fender Newporter player
« on: September 10, 2018, 04:57:30 pm »
Hey, total newb to the board here. I started this summer with Justin in July and I am totally hooked. still working on barre chords but have most of the first position down.

I currently have an Art & Lutherie acoustic that has had it’s action lowered and it’s a really lovely sounding guitar. However the lust has begun for a Fender Newporter Player and I see a lot of people aren’t loving Fender acoustics. what I like about it is the fact that it’s a great beginner as it has the ease of the electric, it’s sexy and the cool way of 6 a side.  The price point is good at cad 499.00.

I will be checking this out before purchasing but can go up to about 1,000.00 cad.

Thoughts? I’d love to know if anyone owns this or similar.

Offline Blackrabbit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: Fender Newporter player
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:59:35 pm »
Soooooo I’m guessing that since this series is new on the market that very few people on this forum have anything to say. Thats cool. I am going to Long & McQuade to check it out, and see what else they have.

Thanks.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 206
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 04:23:35 pm »
Have fun, Blackrabbit

Commenting on models is beyond me. 

I can say I have a Fender Paramount PM-1 Deluxe and love it :)

Offline BCDC

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 04:30:17 pm »
I feel inadequate to comment too, because I am new to acoustics. For what it is worth, the fact that it has a solid top is a good thing. BUT, if you have $1000 to spend, personally, I would purchase a Martin or a Taylor.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Blackrabbit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 04:51:25 pm »
The Paramount is a great guitar. I have been looking at those as well.

L & M have a huge selection in Toronto so I will have a look at the Taylors tho I feel like I’m not “there” yet in terms of being able to appreciate the higher end stuff. Anything is possible, right?

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 158
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 04:56:30 pm »
At the $1000 Can and under range there are so many fantastic guitars. The best thing
to do is go and play as many as you can in that price range and pick the one that
sings to you. Don't worry what it says on the headstock. I'd stay away from both
Martin and Taylor at $1000 Can (that's $770 US) you're not going to get much of a
guitar in that price range.
If the Frnder Newporter sings to you then that's the one you buy.
There are two versions one is solid wood for just under a $1000 the other is solid
Spuce top with laminated back and sides for $500.

Offline Revernd Rhythm

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 04:58:50 pm »
When I worked at a music store a long time ago, I found Seagull guitars to sound at least as good as the Taylors (I actually liked it better) for about three quarters the price or better.

Offline Blackrabbit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 06:11:08 pm »
Since I own the Art & Lutherie already I’m looking for something slightly edgier. I didn’t personally choose this one and it’s a lovely guitar. I’ve read great things about the Seagulls, as well.

It’s almost like when you buy a car- there are people who love Fords, BMW’s and Volkswagen’s. You’re going to get pros and cons with everything. It’s a very personal thing.

But it sure helps to know what others like, and why. I appreciate everyone who took the time to reply.

Offline BCDC

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 04:23:36 pm »
Since I own the Art & Lutherie already I’m looking for something slightly edgier. I didn’t personally choose this one and it’s a lovely guitar. I’ve read great things about the Seagulls, as well.

It’s almost like when you buy a car- there are people who love Fords, BMW’s and Volkswagen’s. You’re going to get pros and cons with everything. It’s a very personal thing.

But it sure helps to know what others like, and why. I appreciate everyone who took the time to reply.

So what is the verdict after your trip to the store?

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Blackrabbit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 10:37:21 pm »
Lol- I haven’t gone yet as a friend will be going with me, who has played for 40 years, so I’m lucky there and just need to co-ordinate the day.

I will certainly report back here, as everyone has been so generous and kind. Great forum.

Offline Blackrabbit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2018, 08:58:44 pm »
Well, I just got back from the store after checking out some very nice guitars. The clear winner was the Fender Newporter Player which completely exceeded my expectations. Fender has really upped their game in the acoustic market, and not only does it sound good, but it feels good too.

Doesn’t hurt that it stands out from several guitars hanging on the wall. The Yamaha APX600 was a strong contender, but didn’t have the same feel.

I’ll post a picture when it gets here in 3 weeks. I’m happy I tried several and did the homework.

Offline stitch101

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 158
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 09:31:42 pm »
Congrates on the new Guitar. Sounds like you got a winner. 8)

Offline Blackrabbit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2018, 09:32:38 pm »
Thank you! I am really happy.

Offline BCDC

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 09:46:22 pm »
That’s great mate!! The best guitar in the world is the one you love!!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Blackrabbit

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 10:00:08 pm »
Absolutely.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App