Author Topic: Backing tracks  (Read 365 times)

Offline k4shf

• Good Vibes 0
Backing tracks
« on: September 08, 2018, 11:58:55 am »
When I did a search, I found messages so old they had dust on them. Looking for something that will generate some rhythm for me, drum beats, adjustable but simple to use. I haven't looked yet but saw mention of BOSS BR-80, is this still a viable option? With all the stuff available for computers now, is there some relatively simple software out there? I can generate mp3s onto CD or save on phone, something, My amp allows an aux input for such things, just a metronome is a bit too boring (touch of ADD). Would like some Native American drum beats to fiddle with, then just some rhythmic stuff. I have book for Eagles and Johnny Cash that are without guitar track but right now, the music is still all in a foreign language. Will be working on chords for a bit but then I need to get my strumming hand going....I seem to have lost my sense of rhythm, need some guidance. Haven't dug into YouTube or Google yet (just got on this site a bit ago). Anxious to learn, want to stay motivated. As I said, touch of ADD doesn't help....can overcome if focused enough and seeing some progress....first thing is to put gorilla glue in butt to keep me seated for 15 or 20 minutes to get some callouses on fingers. Small steps....gotta start somewhere.

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 45
    • SoundCloud
Re: Backing tracks
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 04:06:07 pm »
Just about any DAW should have drum loops. Personally, I use my Trio Band Creator pedal for drum and bass lines. The Trio is a very cool and "organic" way to get a beat to play along with. Check out my Road Case and Soundcloud for examples.

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 102
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 04:15:09 pm »
The BR-80 is still a viable option if you want something simple, portable, and standalone, especially if you want a portable recording/mixing device, effects unit, and so on. I primarily used it when I was travelling and spending a lot of time in hotels and temporary rental apartments.

However, it's a bit expensive compared with many other options. I would definitely consider the Digitech Trio as an option depending on your needs.

Also, from an app point of view, iReal Pro is pretty good.

Cheers,

Keith

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline k4shf

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 09:31:00 pm »
Hmmmm….yet another Android app....I'll have to find one of my little tablets.
Started looking at Garage Band for IOS but just a quick glance....

I'll take a look at this app though, see which appears easier to use.

Thanks!

Get The Forum As A Mobile App