Author Topic: String change  (Read 6686 times)

Offline Loefgren

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 30
  • Cause I need more time yes I need more time...
Re: String change
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2018, 09:57:19 am »
Ok I just bought a set of 80/20 Ernie Ball Earthwoods so I might put them on next time I change strings. The 80/20 Martins which I put on August 20th has lost most if its tone so I probably need to change again pretty soon. Seems like 80/20's lasts much shorter than Phosphor Bronze?
Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017
IM started March 29, 2017
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCus_LSy8xc5x51NrBxMt5MQ

Offline skinnyT

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2018, 12:38:32 pm »
Inspired by this thread, thanks Loefgren, I decided to have a go at changing my strings, they sounded dead and I realized they were 9 months old oooops. I can usually be sure to mess up anything DIY or mechanical so I was expecting problems but it all went very smoothly. I watched Justin's video and 45 minutes  later the strings were installed and guitar tuned. I didn't even managed to break a string when stretching them!

The moral of this post is that it's not that hard to change strings so give it a go.

Offline CT

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 44
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2018, 07:21:30 pm »
Quote from: Loefgren
Hello! Changed the strings on my guitar again this sunday. Only took me 20 mins this time  :)
Quote from: skinnyT
I watched Justin's video and 45 minutes  later the strings were installed and guitar tuned.
I can't say enough good things about Power Pins 2.0. Acoustic guitar string changes shouldn't take more that a few minutes with these. They add a bit of volume and a lot of sustain as well. Check them out:

Get The Forum As A Mobile App