Author Topic: Size of Spiral Bound?  (Read 160 times)

Offline TripleB

• Good Vibes 0
Size of Spiral Bound?
« on: July 09, 2018, 04:34:45 pm »
Is the size (width and height) of the spiral bound Beginner's Songbook 100 Classics... the same as the non-spiral version of the same book?  One website I was looking on showed that it was smaller than the non-spiral version.

Thanks for the help!

TripleB

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 24
Re: Size of Spiral Bound?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 04:41:31 pm »
There's no songbook I can find titled '100 Classics'.

There's:

Beginner's SB 1
Beginner's SB 2
Vintage SB
Acoustic SB
Rock SB
Pop SB
Aussie Classics SB
Xmas SB

Did you mean Aussie Classics? That's always been spiral bound AFAIK.

All of the spiral bound songbooks I have are page size 167 x 246mm, or thereabouts.
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline TripleB

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 07:36:09 pm »
There's no songbook I can find titled '100 Classics'.

Sorry about that!

The website I saw his books listed on used the full title of the book...JustinGuitar Beginner's Songbook: 100 Classic Songs Specially Arranged for Beginner Guitarists with Performance Tips.  As seen here: https://www.thejustinguitarstore.com/products/justinguitar-beginners-songbook-volume-1

They have the paperback's version of this book dimensions listed as: 9" x .6" x 12"
They have the spiral bound's version of this book dimensions listed as: 9.7" x .5" x 6.6"

The spiral version seems more convenient (even though about $6 more) but my eyes would like the largest version if these dimensions are correct.

Thank you for your help.

TripleB

Offline joueur de guitare

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 24
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 07:59:57 pm »
The perfect bound paperback is the first edition of Beginner's Songbook 1, the second edition is spiral bound.

I have both editions, they're exactly the same page size. Some of the songs are different between editions because of copyright problems.

Beginner's Songbook 2 is still in the first edition, and is spiral bound with the same page size as BSB1.

Here they all are

I think someone is confusing the Beginner's Songbook with the Beginner's Coursebook.  The Coursebook is larger format.

And if you're going to buy, buy from Justin's store in your link. That way he gets all the profit. Jedi's service is fast wherever in the world you are.

Hope that's cleared things up :)
Guitars. Fender Highway 1 Tele: Fender Shortboard LE Mustang: Ibanez AS73 semi-hollow: Ibanez SR370 bass: Squier Affinity Strat: Squier Jagmaster.

Offline TripleB

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 03:42:38 am »
That's exactly the information I was looking for!!!

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and the picture showing both was a tremendous help!!!  The spiral bound version of Volume One looks a little smaller than the standard version but it's probably just the angle of the photo.  I'm sure the spiral bound version is much easier to use on a music stand!

Have already ordered the Beginner's Course book...just waiting on it to make it to me!

I guess the Beginner's  Songbook Volume I is what I need to go along with the Beginner's Course Book?  The Rock Songbook is very tempting though...it has so many songs I grew up with.  But I'm a 51 year old who just got his very first guitar so the Rock book may be several years away  :)

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond and supplying me with the info I need!!!!

TripleB

Get The Forum As A Mobile App