Author Topic: App update - removal of features  (Read 442 times)

Offline Woosloo

• Good Vibes 0
App update - removal of features
« on: July 07, 2018, 12:55:02 pm »
Since the app update, some of the best features of the songbook have been removed.   Songs are now limited to 3 speeds and I can no longer change the tempo to what I need.   The chord and strumming pattern info have also been removed so I can’t see what the strumming pattern is for the song before playing it, let alone practise it at a variety of speeds in isolation.

If I want to go back and practise so beat exercises from earlier stages, I am told I can’t as they are not from the stage I am on.   

I paid for a year of the app a month ago, largely due to the above features, now they are gone.     Removing functionality doesn’t seem like an improvement to me....very disappointed.  I loved this app before

Offline huddlc

• Good Vibes 0
Re: App update - removal of features
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 03:14:49 pm »
Just spotted the same thing, seems like a backward step?

Also, after playing a song, it didn't ask me to rank it.

Depending on where in the app you access a song, depends on how it lets you adjust the tempo. Very confusing now. Please fix!

All the best
Chris

Offline Rob7

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 11:11:42 am »
I've just gone on it and noticed that the chord changes and beat exercises have completely gone which is really frustrating as they are really useful to have in the app. As you say it is disappointing to have paid for full access and then for features to be removed.

Does anybody know why this has happened?

Offline Rob7

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
App update - removal of features
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 11:19:56 am »
I've just gone on it and noticed that the chord changes and beat exercises have completely gone which is really frustrating as they are really useful to have in the app. As you say it is disappointing to have paid for full access and then for features to be removed.

Does anybody know why this has happened?

I've now managed to find them by going through the list on the stages section. I still think it's a strange and poor decision to take them from their own section and shove it in with everything else. It's a backwards step. You have to scroll through to find the particular chord change or beat exercise that you want instead of accessing them all in the one section. Very poor update.

Offline markwallace101

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 06:37:57 pm »
I'm very confused here.  On Android, and a week and a half ago the app was the same one it had been for a while.  In the songs section you could rate your songs and adjust the tempo as you wanted.  Then a week ago the app updated and the tempo control changed to three options (which I actually liked) and it still had the song rating system.  Then a couple of days ago, the app updated again and now I can adjust the tempo however I want, but now there isn't a song rating scale.

Since a lot of the lessons on the app said to move on after getting three 3-star ratings on the songs, I was really enjoying that way of gauging my progression.  Now without the ratings scale, I don't have a good measure of how well I was doing on that lesson for that particular song.

I really enjoyed the first update that gave me the three tempos and allowed me to rate the song at each tempo.  For my learning style, it felt good to get three stars at a slower tempo, then I'd know to move the speed up to normal and try again.

I'm not sure if it was A/B testing or what, but right now, the app is worse than it was before any of the updates these past weeks.

Edit:  Okay, after rereading the above comments, I went into the learning stage itself and these features are all located in there now.  Which isn't convenient at all.  I preferred having the separate sections on the app rather than them being wrapped into the learning stages.

Offline jackct923

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 12:35:45 pm »
Agreed, this latest update is  terrible.  Being a paying customer, they need to put back in the skills section where you can practice one minute changes and beats exercises; without going back to the lesson plan.

Offline Jay1

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 08:14:47 pm »
Have to say I agree that the app seems to have taken a big step backwards sadly. To the point I’m considering unsubscribing from it.

Not having easy access to the training exercises is frustrating and feels very clunky having to go hunting in each stage for them. Also, not having the recommended strumming patterns in the stage somgs seems very poor and I can’t see any reason this has been removed. Seems we can only have strumming patterns in playground now.  I’d rather learn the songs in each stage, aiming for at least 2 stars, using a suggested pattern. It may make learning the changes a bit tougher but is so much more enjoyable.

Hopefully they’ll take the app backwards a couple of steps as it was way better before.

Offline Notinshades

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2018, 05:09:22 pm »
I agree, this App is going backwards. I’ve finished the beginners course and was using this App to consolidate my learning. I had all the songs on here graded by how well I could play them....one star, two stars etc
All that info has been lost leaving me frustrated, disappointed and angry.
Come on guys, buck your ideas up, this App is going backwards.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App