Author Topic: Gent-Belgium jam  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Bendely

• Good Vibes 0
Gent-Belgium jam
« on: July 03, 2018, 10:45:59 am »
beginner-intermediate acoustic guitar player (mainly 4 chord songs and basic strumming) looking for people to jam/practice some covers/have fun improvising

also interested in (basic) singing :)

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 159
    • Point Fifty
Re: Gent-Belgium jam
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 01:26:51 pm »
I know Lord Gigabyte is about your level and he was looking for someone to jam with.
He lives about 60km from you, which is, for Belgians, quite a long drive I'm afraid? :)

(you could meet in the middle ^^)

my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 7
  • Not quitting, not now, not ever....
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:13:06 am »
That's right. I live in the Rupelstreek. In the middle would be around Lokeren i guess.  ;D I got rid of my acoustic some time ago though. It wasn't that very comfortable being a beginner, so i bought an electric. And yep, i'm also looking around for somebody to have fun and jam/practice/etc... It's not that easy to find someone, it seems. But that could be me, as i don't have any social media accounts (any more). But even then...

I'll get it in the end. Just don't give up, that's the key....

Offline Bendely

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 02:50:35 pm »
Ah good news. Indeed, 60 km is about the other side of the world to us Lieven :P.

I'd be happy to meet if we can fix the practical side of things.

I'm wondering what genres you're interested in though. I read a post long ago mentioning melodic death metal, which isn't what I'm looking for  (I wouldn't mind practising some simple rock/metal songs, but I'm more into mainstream acoustic singer songwriters like Ed Sheeran)

If we could settle on the practical obstacles, would you be open to simple jamming? (for example alternating some rhythm/lead) and learning to improvise on the way? As I said I don't really have ambitions apart from learning and having fun

If you're interested, maybe PM me so we can exchange contact information?

Offline Johan217

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 01:17:22 pm »
I live in Gent :)
Schedule is a bit full due to work/family at the moment, but if you send me a PM we may be able to work something out. Willing to play anything from Abba to ZZ Top.
Guitars: Chevy LP-C (1991), Squier VM Jaguar (2015)
Amp: Fender Mustang I v2 (2015)

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 10:24:26 am »

I'm wondering what genres you're interested in though. I read a post long ago mentioning melodic death metal, which isn't what I'm looking for  (I wouldn't mind practising some simple rock/metal songs, but I'm more into mainstream acoustic singer songwriters like Ed Sheeran)

That would be a lot of genres. Rock, reggea, jazz, metal, metal, blues and others. I don't know much about Ed Sheeran though. Haven't listened to his work yet.  (Also i still have to take a look at melodic deathmetal. Somehow those two don't fit. ;D)

It's good to read that Johan217 is in your neck of the woods. Saves us both a trip. As you say, some 60km's is like the other side of the world to us. It definitly feels like that when you dare to travel the flemish highways these days. (Or should i say, crawl? ;D)
I'll have another look around here and see what comes up. Whenever i get to Ghent, i'll send you a pm. Maybe we can meet and jam?

Offline Johan217

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 30
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 02:54:45 pm »
Just wanted to add: Ed Sheeran is a bit of a blank for me, too, but I don't mind looking at new stuff.

As for death metal, the only band I know is Master and that is from 1990... if that is a hint about my age ;) These days however my motto is "no gain = no pain"  ;).

It definitly feels like that when you dare to travel the flemish highways these days.
... and then you finally make it to Ghent and find there is no parking space  ;D
Guitars: Chevy LP-C (1991), Squier VM Jaguar (2015)
Amp: Fender Mustang I v2 (2015)

Offline Lord_Gigabyte

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2018, 07:03:54 am »
... and then you finally make it to Ghent and find there is no parking space  ;D

Oh yes, and there's that too. Nowadays, if i travel to Ghent, it's either; park the car at Sint-Pieters or take the train to start with.  :o

Offline Bendely

• Good Vibes 0
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 01:01:07 pm »
Sounds good! I'll pm you Johan. Lord gigabyte, let me know if and when you could get in touch? I wouldn't mind traveling a little for one session if you have a location we could use btw.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App