Author Topic: Volume knob quit working  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Jenn

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 2
  • Live, Love, Play Guitar!
Volume knob quit working
« on: June 18, 2018, 06:03:21 am »
I'm new to electric guitar. I bought an inexpensive Schecter beginner guitar in December, and today, one of my volume knobs quit working. Does anyone know if this can be easily fixed, or do I need to take it in to be repaired? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. -Helen Keller

Offline simon3142

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 4
Re: Volume knob quit working
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 08:02:47 am »
If I understand correctly, you have normal output from one of your pickups, but when you switch to the other pick up, you have no output.

My guess is that this is most likely to be either a loose wire or a short circuit somewhere in the wiring of one of the pickups. It is less likely to be the volume pot its self.
If you are handy with electrical stuff you could take a look at the wiring yourself however if you bought the guitar in December it should still be under warranty so I would contact the shop where you bought it.

Gear: Aparicio AA30, Ibanez AS103, Simon&Patrick Woodland Mini Jumbo, Cube X20
Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/simon3142

Offline LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 184
    • Point Fifty
Re: Volume knob quit working
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 08:26:47 am »
is it stuck on the same volume of is your guitar silent the whole time? otherwise it could be a typical jack wiring issue
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Get The Forum As A Mobile App