Author Topic: Sc0rn3d  (Read 613 times)

Offline Sc0rn3d

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Sc0rn3d
« on: June 12, 2018, 05:28:43 am »
In hopes of getting everything organized and taking pictures...

Offline Sc0rn3d

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
Re: Sc0rn3d
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 05:46:33 am »
http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/Sc0rn3d/library/

Guitars:

Ibanez GS(20)13-01-05634  China  (possibly RGA or GS221, who knows) ($100/~£75)
   Dual Humbuckers

Squier Classic Vibe 50s CGS-(20)14-04-266 (Roughly $250/~£188)
   3 single coil
   C is China
   G is the first letter of the name of the factory where its made (Grand Reward)
   S is Squier

Roy Clark Signature Classical Guitar (definitely not as cool as it sounds) (Bought it from a 5 and dime)

Amps:

Blackstar 20w ID CORE BEAM amp (Roughly $150/~£113)
I also have a Rocktron practice amp but didn't feel that it was worthy of photos. (included with Ibanez along with a few lessons)

Accessories:

Kyser Screw-On Capo ($10/~£8)
Boss TU-01 Chromatic Clip-On Tuner ($20/£15)
Pig Hog Guitar Cable ($13/~£10)
D'addario strings --- Lights or extra lights I'm not even sure anymore ($7/~£5 each set)
FretRest Guitar Stand & Misc Music Stand ($15/~£11 each)
DiMarzio guitar strap (Came with Squier)

2 cheap keyboard pianos (one was free the other was roughly $20/£15)

I hope google made those conversions correctly to pounds and I interpreted them properly...

Ok, just a short story about how I came to get the Squier and Blackstar. It's Rich's(close2u's) fault. So it started 25 years ago...I'm kidding, one day I decided to randomly message him and kind of expected a "post to the forum" response but nope, he gave me genuine advice and assisted me in my selection of the guitar and amp. He made the recommendations and as soon as he did I had them ordered right after. He knew exactly how to help me as I'm sure most of you know but not only that he didn't have to and definitely went above and beyond. He has since helped me with several other purchases and questions I had. It's almost like I trusted his judgement before I even talked to him after reading the forum.

The classical guitar was my grandpa's purchase that he gave me about 15 years ago. He just bought it from some pawn shop for like $5 or something and somehow I have had it ever since.

For the Ibanez it's a little different. Someone I work with was talking about guitar's (around the time I was really interested in practicing again) and their son happened to want to sell his Ibanez and I needed a guitar but I got impatient and wanted another one before even getting the Ibanez (that's where the Squier came in).

I'm very happy with all of my purchases and will be playing them for a very long time because they give such great sounds. I will try to post some sound clips of the sound from both guitars. Go figure that it didn't take my wife very long to pair her phone and start playing music at full volume on the amp :)

I left the stickers on the guitar because I heard it gave it more horsepower :)

If you notice anything blatantly wrong please let me know. I would like to get it fixed if there is before I get used to it. (I put this here just in case someone sees something by chance not asking for a strong critique of each device or anything)

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 166
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 07:04:47 am »
Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed the story and pictures. Now I look forward to hearing some playing.

Must also say Richard is incredibly generous and helped me similarly when I was buying my amp.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 392
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 07:51:40 am »
Good stiuff Sc0rn3d

And I'm glad to help when it leads to such happiness!
Pay it forward
:)
:)

Here's the pics direct:

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:08:12 pm by close2u »

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
  • What on earth was I going to do???
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 08:31:14 am »
Nice choice of gear, particularly the BEAM, you guessed it I’ve got one 🤣
I’m going to fuel your GAS a bit more, get one of these and your guitar can do Bass!
https://www.donnerdeal.com/products/donner-digital-octave-guitar-effect-pedal-harmonic-square-7-modes-1
I also have a Ukulele Bass but do play guitar bass as well, great fun!!
My singing sucks so I’m learning Guitar and Ukulele, it’s fun 🌟

Offline Sc0rn3d

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 01:27:39 pm »
I appreciate you fixing my lack of knowledge when it comes to photo sharing websites.

Yes, it was kind of funny because at first I was like "wow, it's super clear but kind of quiet" because I didn't know how to work it and then I plugged in my Ibanez with OD2 and played it then instantly I could feel my heart shaking it was excellent so clearly I was doing something wrong on the clean channel.

I appreciate the link. Pedals are kind of a complicated thing. I won't go into it but essentially I can't have any but that's OK because the BEAM does all the work for me :)

Offline Sc0rn3d

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 01:40:39 pm »
Also, if anyone can assist in identifying the exact model of the Ibanez GIO I would definitely appreciate it. I kind of want to know if I paid too much but I honestly just like having a complete set of knowledge on what I owe as well.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 01:41:22 pm »
To see what the BEAM can do watch this, it also helps with how to set it up for different sounds! It’s a  it long but well worth watching through.

Looks like your Ibanez is this one, it was made in January 2013
https://m.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRIC-GUITAR-IBANEZ-GIO-GRX22-BKN-/263443015360?oid=252636274310
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 02:01:54 pm by DarrellW »

Offline Sc0rn3d

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 01:55:54 pm »
I suppose I can take a break from grinding through Anderton's review videos and Justin's lessons :) they are lessons I've already watched like 20 times but I always feel like no matter how many times I watch them it isn't enough because I always end up finding something else out.

It really is an incredible piece of tech. It's like that saying "does one thing great or does many things good." I was surprised watching Anderton's and seeing the blindfold challenges because they always seem to have a hard time telling the difference in amps anymore(now I'm sure the validity of YouTube videos can be argued). This thing is definitely what I wanted in an amp and more. Now we just need to talk them into an app to control the amp from our phones :)

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 02:03:37 pm »
See my addition to previous post ^^^^

Offline Sc0rn3d

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 02:26:04 pm »
Mine has 24 frets but who knows what changed during their line up and I'm really bad at figuring all that out. I definitely appreciate the find because either way it doesn't look like $100 was a bad buy for it. I can't wait for everyone to wake up so I can turn on OD and be really loud :)

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 86
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 03:10:44 pm »
I was surprised watching Anderton's and seeing the blindfold challenges because they always seem to have a hard time telling the difference in amps anymore

My personal observation is that they can tell differences, but they struggle to tell which is which, and often prefer the cheaper amps or even modelling amps.

Of course, the comments section is always full of people saying that the cheaper and modelling systems sound ****.

Any time you get a Youtube video reviewing or comparing a digital system you always get people saying "that sounds digital", without any further explanation. That's when you know they really don't know what they are talking about.

The reality is most of these people are "listening" with their eyes.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 04:29:58 pm »
The reality is most of these people are "listening" with their eyes.
Couldn’t have put it better myself, having been a Valve only user for many years and recently converted by my ID core BEAM (purely because it meant I only needed one amp!) I wouldn’t go back to a valve amp anymore, it’s so simpler and so much more  versatile for my needs and it sounds amazing!
However, I would say that if money is no object I would buy one of these:

🤣🤣🤣

Offline Sc0rn3d

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 05:46:01 pm »
https://soundcloud.com/user-526954813-326265604/ibanez

Here is just a quick sample clip of a few things, some OD with power chords, some low volume OD and just a small riff I either made up or learned a long time ago and my body told me to do it on the guitar after I saw the minor pent scale :) Most likely the latter but the amp(not really my playing) sounds incredible. This was just with the Ibanez with humbuckers. I will work on some CV stuff after a while (harder to hide my bad playing).

Offline DarrellW

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 05:59:06 pm »
Nowt wrong with that, rock on 👍👍👍
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 06:52:33 pm by DarrellW »

Get The Forum As A Mobile App