Author Topic: 003 2018 - Love Is All Around  (Read 435 times)

Offline Rolandson

Re: 003 2018 - Love Is All Around
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 10:16:45 am »
Sounds pretty good to me. Didn't here any mistake. Picking sounds good too. You definitely can play that song.

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Ibanez AW300ECE-NT
Started  IM February 22, 2016
Finished BC January 25, 2016
https://soundcloud.com/user-601635174

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 05:51:53 pm »
Thanks for listening and the positive feedback, Rolandson; much appreciated !!

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 69
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 06:23:52 am »
Hi,
Took this in and enjoyed it much. Found the guitar play and vocals to have been done well. Mix seems pretty good. My ears could be fooling me but I hear something of an artifact around the 0:20 area. Not sure if that is bumping the mic stand or what...? I would describe the noise as a rumble bump type of sound.. Also around about 2:00 and 2:17 is some sort of "picking" sound??? Not sure what it is but I found this distracting from your fine performance. All things that after you focus on them can be an area of improvement in the future.

But this is minor stuff for sure as the overall performance is very good and much to my liking. Great job and you have come a long ways in a relatively short period of time. So take a bow as I look for more of this upward trend in your future offerings....

Rock on - In your own way,
LB

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 09:52:51 pm »
Thanks very much listening andthe encouraging feedback, Lbro.

I'm not sure exactly what the little distractions are. Probably something in the way I changed into a chord perhaps not clean and correcting a finger position or a pluck that was not clean. Then use of the compressor on the guitar track may have exaggerated the flaw.

For interest sake I used the same compressor plugin on the guitar in series three times, each one relatively light which was intended to smooth out some the unwanted extra loud or soft notes.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App