Author Topic: Tracktion T7 DAW  (Read 191 times)

Offline CT

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 5
Tracktion T7 DAW
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:56:51 pm »
Curious if any one is using the Tracktion T7 DAW, and what you think of it. I have a Windows laptop on the way and need to get started with a new DAW. Garageband was nice and free, but it didn't blow me away. I needed a new laptop for music and found a great deal on a Windows machine that I couldn't pass up.

A Traction T7 OEM version came free with my Behringer audio interface, so I intend to give it a spin. It lacks amp sims, which I'm on the fence about anyway. They can be added later as plugins if needed.

Feel free to offer your experiences with other DAWs on Windows, and what you like/dislike about it. 

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 100
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Traction T7 DAW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 04:11:01 pm »
CT,

I started with a lite version of Ableton Live that came with my Focusrite AI.  Got me going but I found using the MIDI Editor and functionality difficult.  Then bumped into the track limit when I started playing with double-tracking vocals, more instruments etc.

So I switched to Reaper.  Trialed for free and then bought the license.  I found it easy to use, perhaps because I had experience on Ableton and the MIDI functionality much easier.  So it is working well for me and I know I have only begun to scratch the surface in terms of all its capabilities.

Offline Matek

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 6
Re: Tracktion T7 DAW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 07:21:33 pm »
Like David I use Reaper.
My only motivation was price when I first tried it. Most of the others have a free, low feature, mid feature, all features version which can get very expensive. Reaper gives all the features it has for $60usd.

Offline Curtis Suter

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 6
Re: Tracktion T7 DAW
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 09:54:24 pm »
I have lots of computer experience but am learned the guitar, very slowly I might add as I am busy with other things.  I tried them all but stayed with Tracktion.  I like the flow, left to right and will accept about any plugins. 
It was way more intuitive and easier/faster for me to get reliable results.
Curtis

Get The Forum As A Mobile App