« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 04:41:02 pm »
@DarrellW Please no more Tele talking...You're feeding my GAS lol ;D
🤣🤣🤣

Offline vkk1991

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 0
Re: CT
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 05:12:09 am »
REALLY liked how you played 1:10 onwards, nice mix of soul and blues!

upload more clips when you get the chance, you have a great style!

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 03:19:18 pm »
@Omar, @vkk1991, thanks for the kind words!

I'm having a lot of fun mucking around with different tones, styles and genres. The Trio pedal really helps with that exploration. Some folks feel that this is "chasing tone" and that it's better to just knuckle down and take that time working on technique. In reality any time we spend on something will take time away from something else. So I spend time chasing tone and scoping out backing tracks and such instead of binge watching TV and any number of non-guitar related activities. I would like to see Justin add chasing/exploring tone as a part of ear training -- most notably how to focus that time in a systematic way. Everyone explores, but nobody talks about the best and most productive ways to do it.

Just uploaded a new scratchpad, Back Porch Boogie. I couldn't stop tapping my foot to this backing track, and couldn't resist having a go at it. Not my normal style of music, which made it all the more fun to play.

Offline oldhead49

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 167
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 02:24:58 pm »
CT, just listened to all of your tracks here.  Solid!  I really like the minor chord progression “thing”.   That tele sounds awesome.  Never really looked at teles but may have to in the future. Thanks for posting these.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 03:10:58 pm »
Just uploaded a new scratchpad, Back Porch Boogie. I couldn't stop tapping my foot to this backing track, and couldn't resist having a go at it. Not my normal style of music, which made it all the more fun to play.
And fun to listen to CT :)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 03:26:22 pm »
Thanks for listening, liking and commenting @oldhead49 and @DavidP! It's been an interesting and fun process so far. So much to learn and explore!

EDIT: A tele should have been my first guitar, had I only known to start there. The range of tones, value, ease of use and playability seem almost like well kept secrets.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:01:20 pm by CT »

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2018, 02:44:15 am »
Still jamming and having fun with the Digitech Trio Band creator and layering guitar parts in Garageband. What a great time to explore the guitar, record music and then share it! We have a lot to be thankful for these days. :)

I decided to break out of my pentatonic groove and work on some Aeolian runs:
https://soundcloud.com/user-35496968/in-the-shade

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2018, 05:40:48 pm »
We sure do, Clint!

I liked the vibe of this once you got into the groove and started playing the runs.  I liked the mix of more bassy tones with the clean lead tones.

That Trio does deliver ... I should stop listening before I start to think I need one :)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2018, 02:04:00 am »
Thanks DP! Can't say enough good things about the Trio. Money well spent.

Still a lot for me to learn with the fret board, scales, triads, and tying all the elements together musically in the DAW. This sure is a great hobby, but thank goodness for having a career that pays! I couldn't imagine trying to scratch out a living in music these days. Hats off to Justin and the other Youtubers.         

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2018, 06:12:12 am »
Thanks DP! Can't say enough good things about the Trio. Money well spent.

Still a lot for me to learn with the fret board, scales, triads, and tying all the elements together musically in the DAW. This sure is a great hobby, but thank goodness for having a career that pays! I couldn't imagine trying to scratch out a living in music these days. Hats off to Justin and the other Youtubers.         
That Trio does sound good.  Maybe in time I will go down that road ... feel I am still grounding the basics and need to keep it as simple as possible.

I guess on making a living in music, it may be one of those fields where there are many more hobbyists who may even be performing at a professional standard and relatively few make a living.  We are so blessed to have somebody like Justin with his ability as a musician, ability as a teacher and an attitude of service more than enrichment, which I believe leads to him making all the money he needs to make, in his way.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2018, 10:05:24 pm »
@DavidP, thanks for following along, it would be super lonely in here without you. :)

Anyway, I was about to swear off playing to background tracks for awhile when I stumbled upon a simple and nice one on another forum. I used a mix of pentatonic and Ionian scales this time:
Laid Back In The Shack

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2018, 10:16:13 pm »
Well, I like hanging out here ... interesting conversation,  lots of folk posting enjoyable music and plenty help to learn.

This one sounded great. A mellow vibe and sweet tone.

And I reckon you'd get more folk listening and commenting if you posted in AVOYP rather than a Road Case...and you have no reason to fly under the radar....

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 118
  • Guitar-Goddess-In-Training
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2018, 03:00:38 am »
Just listened to most of your posts here - you sound great! I sure admire those of you who can do something interesting soloing, you just send out the intended groove and well there it is! At least when I say 'I'm working on it' the learning doesn't actually seem like work :)

Mari
American Pro Strat HSS, Gretsch G5420T, 
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400
Boss Katana 50, Vibro Champ XD
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2018, 03:55:38 am »
@embishop, thanks so much for the kind words. I truly appreciate it. I have a friend who thinks it all sounds like the surf music from when he was a kid. It's all good. I'll have something new for next week, can't wait. :) 

Offline brianlarsen

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 112
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 09:33:22 pm »
This Trio pedal is really amazing. I didn't dumb down the rhythm to get this drum and bass line -- and built it from a progression from my ditto looper.

I have no idea what you are talking about or doing here-
BUT, I find that it is really fun to improvise to it with a minor pentatonic pattern down at the nutty end of the fret  :)

Thanks 'n vibes

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2018, 02:17:45 am »
The Ditto looper and Digitech Trio Band Creator are guitar pedals that you play a chord progression into. The looper plays back what you play into it while the Trio creates a drum and bass line and plays it back to you. With the Trio it's like having a drum and bass player to jam with -- minus all the drama and spilled Pepsi.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2019, 03:52:09 pm »
Thoughts on playing my first gig

Sooner or later it had to happen and it happened last night. A friend dialed me up a short time before the gig and asked if I could sit in and play lead guitar for a couple of songs. He was booked to play an hour at a really nice bar on Sunset Blvd. Going in I figured since it’s a bar venue folks will be drinking and chatting so it will be low pressure and a sensible way to get my first gig jitters over with. Turns out I was dead wrong, there was a sizable turnout, standing room only, and everyone was focused on the performance.

My friend plays mostly originals with a splash of covers. I’m not going to go into too much detail about him right now, but he’s a special person, that is talented and somewhat of a visionary. Who plays an hour set with mostly originals, a harpist and me at the last minute? Someone who sees things differently for sure. News flash, a full sized harp played by a masterful musician can rock and move an audience! It was surreal. My head is still spinning. The three of us had never played all together before. I was too in the moment to give an account of my own playing. We are booked for another gig, minus the harpist, so I think it went well. I’m told there was a lot of singing along and applause — for my part we covered “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac, and “Coffee” by Sylvan Esso. Pictures and video may emerge later.

With that out of the way, I want to thank Justin and the support of the fine folks here on this board. I couldn’t have come this far so fast without you. Note that "seat of the pants" improvisation and winging the hell out of things has some upside. I haven’t arrived or accomplished anything, but I’m happy to be in a position to support and maybe help further the career of a very talented person. More later.

Online close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 633
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2019, 04:09:12 pm »
That is fantastic news Clint.
And wow, big kudos for even taking such an impromptu booking.
Bravo!
:)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2019, 04:24:29 pm »
Thanks, @close2u! Sometimes the greatest ability is availability (although flexibility is pretty high on the list as well). :)

Offline brianlarsen

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 112
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2019, 04:48:46 pm »
Thoughts on playing my first gigI haven’t arrived or accomplished anything
Yes you have-
You played your first gig  8)
Congrats!
Video would be awesome if you can lay your hands on it.
Make sure someone records the next one so we can all bask in your 'achievements'  :)
Vibes!

Offline hilts17

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 61
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2019, 04:54:09 pm »
Well done and congrats Clint. Man, I'd be a bundle of nerves for sure so I really admire what you did. Definitely would love to see pics and video if possible.
Martin D28
Seagull S6 Original
Seagull Entourage CW Black QI
Seagull Coastline 12 String
Yamaha Pacifica 112

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2019, 05:28:56 pm »
@brianlarsen, thanks and yeah I guess you're right, playing that first gig REALLY IS something. It was and still is a cherry high.

@hilts17, thanks for the encouragement! Funny that I have a ritual for presentations that seems to help with such things. I eat really lightly that day and pop two Advil (of all things) about 10-15 minutes before go time. Looking forward to the next one towards the end of the month. 

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 162
    • YouTube
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2019, 07:40:32 pm »
Pictures and videos are coming in. I'm seated on the right.
First impressions:
* iPhones aren't great for recording live shows
* I should have tuned to the harp
* I need a stage hat

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 369
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2019, 08:21:22 pm »
That is just most fantastic news, Clint, thrilled and delighted for you.

Can't consider this to be achieving nothing. I think it is something special, a milestone to be celebrated.  As for "arrived" well, I guess if "arrived" means the journey is over and I have reached my destination then I don't think making music is that kind of deal.  I've gone off the journey metaphor and am into the adventure metaphor now :) 

Quite curious about the supporting another's career comment and hope to see more pictures and, even if low-fi, video.

Congratulations !!! 

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 216
    • My Road Case
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2019, 08:21:48 pm »
Firstly: Epic! Nice one!

Secondly, when you said "harp", I thought you mean harmonica.

Cheers,

Keith

Get The Forum As A Mobile App