Author Topic: CT  (Read 13859 times)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
Re: CT
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2019, 03:07:22 pm »
Thanks @OpsRes! Yeah, I'll try just about anything once, and if it feels good and doesn't hurt anyone I'll probably do it again. Cheers!

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2019, 03:39:44 pm »
Clint,
Did any of the session type work you did, with pretty tight timing on Mr Jones help you at all in your live play here in the videos? To me I would think so since prior to that you were mainly into jamming over an entire backing track with you lead work. Though I am not hearing much lead from you in these videos...

Rock on and I hope you get more of a chance to practice with the other musicians you hooked up with for the live gigs! That can only help you guys get tighter are you play more together...

LB
Guess I didn't fully answer your question about session work... Yeah, no real opportunities to do fills on a backing track unless I add some vocals, which I hope to do more of in the future. And there is a lot to be said for 8-12 bars or so of focused lead play rather than 3 minutes of meandering. It's all good, it's all music. :) 

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2019, 04:18:15 pm »
I just finished reading through your RC. Way above me to comment on the technical work. I’m a simple acoustic player at the moment. I got a giggle out of your surprise of a small crowd drinking & chatting; in actuality being a large crowd and listening intently. So glad it went well and gave you some deep-meaning insight.   Your next gig being a slight challenge that you passed with flying colors. So proud of you and proud for you. Love reading about your musical journey.

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2019, 05:51:02 pm »
I just finished reading through your RC. Way above me to comment on the technical work. I’m a simple acoustic player at the moment. I got a giggle out of your surprise of a small crowd drinking & chatting; in actuality being a large crowd and listening intently. So glad it went well and gave you some deep-meaning insight.   Your next gig being a slight challenge that you passed with flying colors. So proud of you and proud for you. Love reading about your musical journey.

Thanks, @pkboo3! I appreciate you following along in my RC as I babble on. :)

Played out at Bar 20 again last night, but this time I brought my tele. It just gets better and better. We are starting to rehearse and are coming together as a unit. My daughter came on stage and helped with vocals, I'm still buzzing over that. Just magical. Having more fun than I could have ever imagined.   

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 629
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2019, 05:59:45 pm »
Magic - music with your daughter. How good is that?  8)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2019, 07:19:14 pm »
Magic - music with your daughter. How good is that?  8)
It's huge! She has been singing with me for a while now, and it's been one of the real joys of taking up guitar again. She has a great voice. I've recorded some tracks, but she hasn't signed off on releasing anything yet. Her coming on stage was a huge step forward.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2019, 12:56:54 am »
Me and my tele from last night:

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2019, 06:54:29 am »
Looking good, Clint.

Lovely to hear that your daughter joined you ... what a treat, special moment.

Now I've read the stories, seen the pictures and all that remains is to watch the movies  ;)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2019, 01:30:50 pm »
Thanks DP! Yeah, all we have currently are a few iPhone vids captured by someone in the audience and then forwarded on to us. I have a couple of them up on my YouTube channel. My hope is that someone in our group of followers will start capturing some of these events with a legit recorder. Just not something that I want to spend much time on.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2019, 03:37:25 pm »
Glad you mentioned the YT uploads, Clint.  Had a watch to get a feel for it.  Just looks like such fun.  Keep on rocking !!

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 188
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2019, 12:35:37 am »
Clint thanks for sharing another morsel of your musical adventure. Having your daughter join you, that's another level of musical and human alchemy.

Thankyou for including us in your voyage into the public domain, it's very happy making. It seems the sirens going off knew how important the occasion and you didn't miss a beat looking at them.
Walcott Custom OM Acoustic , G&L Tribute Fallout Electric, Crafter T035 OM Acoustic, Ashton Bass.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2019, 05:16:55 am »
Clint thanks for sharing another morsel of your musical adventure. Having your daughter join you, that's another level of musical and human alchemy.

Thankyou for including us in your voyage into the public domain, it's very happy making. It seems the sirens going off knew how important the occasion and you didn't miss a beat looking at them.
You're welcome @batwoman, and thanks for the kind words.

The club leaves a large sliding glass window open to the sidewalk and street which lets in the sights, sounds and smells of the Sunset Strip on a Saturday night. It's magical to me, having been raised on Rock. I said to someone afterwards, "For a minute there I thought I was gonna have to kiss a Sunset pig!" Only Joni Mitchell fans will know that reference. I crack myself up sometimes. :)   

Online LievenDV

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 183
    • Point Fifty
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2019, 09:45:33 am »
you got it going on; love to read this stuff :)
my band: fb: Point Fifty | Instagram: Point Fifty

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2019, 12:57:13 pm »
you got it going on; love to read this stuff :)
Thanks @LievenDV, it's funny how playing out and with others doesn't really change things all that much. I mean that in the sense that I still want to be a better player tomorrow than I am today. There are plenty of areas to improve upon and green fields to plow. :)

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2019, 05:58:50 pm »
Well, my fourth gig is now in the books. Five guitars on the wall and two under the day bed, and once again I grab the tele and head out the door. It's sort of like the way a carpenter feels putting on a favorite tool belt. There's a comfort and confidence in getting the job done with a smile. :)

Then there's the Sunset Strip, it's really something. We've played through sirens and lights flashing, this time I swear someone started a tire fire some where. The smell of burning rubber was "A Thing" when we started the set. Play on player.

Hanging out for a bit with folks afterwards is always cool. A mutual friend pulled me aside and said, "You know that this is the Sunset Strip, right?". He said he walked up and down the strip a bit to drink it all in before the gig. The history and importance of the strip is never far from my mind. I'm remarkably grateful and unworthy.       

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2019, 07:36:28 pm »
Good for you, Clint.  Can only imagine how that must be ... playing on the Strip.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2019, 09:39:42 pm »
Thanks, @DP! It's funny that I take Laurel Canyon to get there and back.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 365
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2019, 09:55:46 pm »
Thanks, @DP! It's funny that I take Laurel Canyon to get there and back.

Laurel Canyon ... where Neil Young lived ... no that was Topanga I think ... still even I have heard of Laurel Canyon living down here in Johannesburg, never having been to California.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 629
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2019, 08:49:37 am »
Seeing Laurel Canyon made me just need to leap in and share this luscious song by one of my favourite bands:

Online sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 95
  • 󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿“Keep that one, mark it fab”. Paul McCartney.
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2019, 08:20:28 pm »
All I can say is “Wow”. I’ll never be anywhere near you guys’ standard, so I love reading about it!
Studying Intermediate Course, Folk Fingerstyle and Blues modules.
Pickin’ an’ lickin’.....😎.
Martin D28 : Gibson SG : Boss Katana 50.
My road case :- https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=48801.0

Online sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 95
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2019, 08:27:25 pm »
"A Minor Thing" is just that, a "thing" in A minor. :)
It's two bars of A minor and two bars of E minor, in a loop for about 100 bars. The rhythm is a groove with some palm mute, hammer ons, and I throw a pinky down on the first string third fret on the last two beats or so of the A minor (not sure the chord name), and the pinky goes out on the last two beats or so of E minor to form an E minor 7. It blew me away that the Trio picked up on this rhythm and nailed it in one try! I used a compressor to boost and round out my playing on all the guitar parts. For the main rhythm section I added a little slapback delay for a reverb type of vibe.

The next guitar layer consists of minor triad down strums on (I think) the first and third beats, for each chord section. The lead lines are just vamping notes up and down the neck in a way that I could not reproduce note for note if my life depended on it.
Hi CT
You sent me a link to your ‘minor thing’ in the Trio+ post. I’ve just found this explanation of how you achieved it. I hope you don’t mind if I try to copy it.

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2019, 05:21:27 am »
Hi CT
You sent me a link to your ‘minor thing’ in the Trio+ post. I’ve just found this explanation of how you achieved it. I hope you don’t mind if I try to copy it.
Hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Now go and make me proud. If it's good you have to call me Daddy. LOL :)

Online sairfingers

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 95
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2019, 09:11:24 am »
If it's good you have to call me Daddy. LOL :)
Lol😃🎸

Offline pkboo3

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2019, 03:34:35 pm »
Hey CT. Awesome playing onstage with your daughter; and playing on Sunset Strip!

Sent from my iPhone using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline CT

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 161
    • YouTube
« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2021, 07:29:45 pm »
Looks like all the cool kids have been keeping their Road Cases up to date. My last entry was June 2019! Here’s an update starting from where I left off:

I left off having played my fourth gig at Bar 20, which will always be a highlight for me. Some time after that @LBro reached out to me to do a collaboration on a track, and a couple of cool and interesting things came from that project. Suffice to say that if LBro ever reaches out to you for a collaboration, just say yes. His way of organizing and overseeing a project will be a real learning experience.

There was a fair amount of back and forth and he was very patient with me. The process probably took longer than needed as my availability was at times kind of sketchy, and I'm not all that great at fitting stuff into a set number of bars. Be that as it may we shuffled tracks back and forth and spitballed ideas, which he graciously allowed me to contribute at that level. By and large it was his song and he had a clear direction for it.

I learned that I’m not organized or disciplined enough to get really good at this sort of project. There is great value in trying something new and then learning about yourself. So thanks LBro for the cool and fun experience:

I used one of the early outtakes for this video:

There are good reasons why you see so many cool LBro collaborations and productions. He's a cut-above as a person as well!

EDIT: My timing may have been off on this upon further review. Be that as it may, I never really spoke much about the LBro collaboration in this much detail. Any time/date discrepancies can be chalked up to any number of excuses. :)

Get The Forum As A Mobile App