Author Topic: Digitech Trio  (Read 807 times)

Offline CT

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
    • SoundCloud
Re: Digitech Trio
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2018, 07:27:26 pm »
Cool beans! I was able to dial in the first part of "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World" in about a minute, straight out of the box. Bass and drum parts sounded surprisingly good through the amp as well. Great fun! Definitely an excellent practice and recording tool, but somewhat limited as a live stage tool.   

Offline Majik

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 85
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2018, 07:41:34 pm »
No idea. I don't really use Windows. It's not something I paid much attention to.

Also, by the time I got my Katana, that issue was over and done.

What I can say is, since then, there's been 2 or 3 updates including one major feature update to the amp itself.

Cheers,

Keith
Guitars: PRS Singlecut S2, Fender Tele Lite Ash, G&L Legacy Tribute, Freshman Apollo 2 OCBX
Amps: Bugera G5 Head, Boss Katana 100
All sorts of other stuff.

Offline Jenn

• School Prom Hero
  • Good Vibes 1
  • Live, Love, Play Guitar!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2018, 05:08:05 pm »
Sunday Bloddy Sunday, I dig it. Think of the possibilities like: Keep on Rucking in the Free World! :)

Yeah amp speakers aren't full range, so I need to look at the best way to use the second line out to another speaker or device. I'll keep you posted on what I come up with.

Phillip McKnight, a gear guy youtuber, calls it scatting rather than playing the exact rhythm into the Trio. I dig his one chord idea for practicing scales and working out lead ideas:   

Thank you for the link, CT. Have you gotten your Trio yet? I'm still waiting to see my friend that has one, hopefully it will be next week. She's going to let me borrow it to see what it's like, then I can decide whether to purchase one.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. -Helen Keller

Offline CT

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 06:41:35 pm »
Hi @Jenn, yeah I got it. Great little device. If you read one of my previous posts you'll see that I was able to jam with the first part of “Keep on Rockin’ in the Free World” right out of the box. I will try some multi-part songs this weekend if time allows. I’m also on the hunt for cool songs with an AC30 amp sound and with a great beat.

Offline CT

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 09:06:16 pm »
Okay! :o

Put the Trio at the end of the pedal chain, just like you would a looper on a clean amp, and the drum and bass tone stays clean as a whistle. You can throw as much dirt on your playing as you want at that point. Another compelling reason to build up a pedal board, or add a multi-effects unit, even though I have tons of different tones in my amp. 

Offline Rossco01

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2018, 09:18:48 pm »
I’ve got mine last in the chain with guitar into my zoom g5, thru my harmony gxt and then into the Trio. The output from the Trio goes into separate channels on the mixer for guitar and Drums&bass plus my mic into another. I haven’t recorded for ages so fired up the laptop to get the webcam and audio tuned in for a live capture but ran out of time. I’ve used ezdrummer quite a lot and whilst it is very good it is nowhere near as quick as using the trio.. it really does encourage you to practice more.
BC 11/13-11/14, IM Stage 05
Yamaha FG700MS, Yamaha Pacifica 112V, Fender Mustang 1v2, Zoom G5, Jamman Looper
Follow me on >> https://soundcloud.com/rossco01
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHlzgAndj0AFFSNE1iGnbQQ

Offline CT

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 5
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 10:32:43 pm »
Sounds ideal! I'm running everything through the amp out line, no need for me to use the mixer out line.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App