Author Topic: Little Red Riding Hood (Sam the Sham)  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Fox Cunning

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 64
  • You are reading this line of text.
    • SoundCloud
Re: Little Red Riding Hood (Sam the Sham)
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 11:32:22 pm »
I admit I didn't know the original, but your cover is fantastic. Love the intro hah! :D

Offline oldhead49

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 142
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 02:19:16 am »
Great song oldhead - never heard it before - enjoyed it. I would say it is hard to sing without bursting out laughing at some stage.

Kontenda, Thanks.  Glad you enjoyed it.  Yeah, it's a fun song for sure.  I still laugh just listening to it.

This is a great song. One of my favourites. Great cover. You did pretty good job on that song

Sent from my [device_name] using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Rolandson, Glad you know this one.  It goes back quite a ways.  And I do appreciate your comments.  Thanks for taking a listen.

Hum,
I was going to crack up over this but I was diving for the brakes on my ears... I was going to turn it up but you more than took care of that!

Great song and you did it great. Still smiling and laughing over it. Good tones and vocals. Just a nice production all around.

Take good care, keep them coming and be well!
LB

LBro, Uh, maybe I need to get my bionics checked - or maybe you do?  Haha.  Glad you got a smile and laugh out of it, and I do appreciate your comments. 

Hi OH :) Good job ;)
Sam the Sham and (you forgot the Pharaohs) was a very extravagant group for their time. I like that
Wooly Bully and even wanted to play it sometime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE_MpQhgtQ8
If you up to we could try to make it sometime.
Cheers,
Roman

Roman,  Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, I did forget to note the Phaarohs.  My bad.  They were a great group back in the day, and still resonate with a lot of people, myself included.  Wooly Bully is actually on my list to do, and yes, I'd be interested in discussing the possibility of us doing it.  I'll shoot you a PM later. 

I admit I didn't know the original, but your cover is fantastic. Love the intro hah! :D

Fox, I'm surprised at how many people don't know this song, but considering it came out in 1966 I can understand why they don't.  Welcome to days of old! Yeah, that intro is what got me laughing and was the reason for a few re-starts.   Thanks for the listen and positive feedback.

Offline DavidP

• All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 300
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 06:18:53 am »
Dave,

Thanks for comment on the drums....

----- Drums:  Just a standard preset in my DigiTech RP155 pedal.  It was the closest I could get.   I really think drums could enhance a bunch;  I just don't know that I want to spend the time it takes to put it together.
Thanks for the comments.

I need to see how to use presets on my drum plugin. At the moment I progrm with MIDI Editor which is probably taking more effort than is ideal for a less ideal result.

For me the drums were just fine as the cover is an exercise and showcase in guitar playing first and foremost, everything else is supporting as best as possible. And from that point of view I agree with you not to fuss too much on the drums.

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 103
  • Playing my way to a new way of thinking. ~ JG
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 08:58:30 pm »
I guess I'll admit that I did know the song - but I'm going to quickly qualify that to say although I was around in '66 I was just a wee little girl, so it would have been in a later year that I heard it!

As always I really like your arrangement, and this one is one of those that is a perfect fit for your voice. And just as an added little note from my partner lurking in the background while I'm listening - "I like that guy!".  :)
American Pro Strat HSS, Gretsch G5420T, 
Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400
Boss Katana 50
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline oldhead49

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 142
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 05:46:49 pm »
Dave,

Thanks for comment on the drums....

----- Drums:  Just a standard preset in my DigiTech RP155 pedal.  It was the closest I could get.   I really think drums could enhance a bunch;  I just don't know that I want to spend the time it takes to put it together.
Thanks for the comments.

I need to see how to use presets on my drum plugin. At the moment I progrm with MIDI Editor which is probably taking more effort than is ideal for a less ideal result.

For me the drums were just fine as the cover is an exercise and showcase in guitar playing first and foremost, everything else is supporting as best as possible. And from that point of view I agree with you not to fuss too much on the drums.

David, I think, but not sure, you should be able to take a preset and just drag it or copy it into the DAW
I don't mess with MIDI but from what I've seen and read it seems that could be pretty cumbersome. 

I guess I'll admit that I did know the song - but I'm going to quickly qualify that to say although I was around in '66 I was just a wee little girl, so it would have been in a later year that I heard it!

As always I really like your arrangement, and this one is one of those that is a perfect fit for your voice. And just as an added little note from my partner lurking in the background while I'm listening - "I like that guy!".  :)

Mari, I appreciate the comments.  Haha, a wee little girl, huh?  Well, you remember it anyhow.  Surely your partner must have been speaking of the big bad wolf  ;D  Thanks to both of you.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App