Author Topic: Jam Play  (Read 215 times)

Offline Barnezy

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
Jam Play
« on: April 17, 2018, 11:38:59 am »
Justin has obviously done a deal with Jam Play as there is a link on his site, offering a 1 day free trail to Justin’s students.

Is anyone using this site?

It seems comprehensive but when I looked at the membership options, it confused the hell out of me. Would be good to hear feedback.

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar Community mobile app
Guitars: Collings OM2H, Martin Dreadknought Junior, Fender MIA Std Stratocaster, Admira A2 Classical
Amps and Pedals: Blackstar HT1R, Boss GT1
Favourite Styles: Finger Style, Blues, Folk, Rock
Favourite Guitarists: Knopfler, Clapton, Greenwood, Jimmy

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 98
Re: Jam Play
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:23:54 pm »
I considered joining Jamplay, but in the end I went with guitartricks instead.
The deciding factor was that it seems to me that jamplay employs high profile players as teachers and use their names to attract subscribers, which can be a good thing, of course.
But to me this strategy works the other way around. I’d much rather learn from a dedicated underdog with good teaching skills than a super guitarist lacking teaching skills.

Just my personal opinion <shrugs>, and I might add that a year in, I am more than happy with guitatricks.
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Offline Barnezy

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 09:35:30 pm »
Who doesn’t love an underdog?! I’ll give it a look. Jam Play’s pricing model is far too confusing for me!

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar.com Forum
Guitars: Collings OM2H, Martin Dreadknought Junior, Fender MIA Std Stratocaster, Admira A2 Classical

Offline Barnezy

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 10:25:25 pm »
 Strangely enough, this offer was in my inbox. Is it a good deal? https://www.guitartricks.com/special/?utm_campaign=blues_resurrection_prospects&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email#below

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar.com Forum

Offline Barnezy

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 10
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 07:33:13 am »
I considered joining Jamplay, but in the end I went with guitartricks instead.
The deciding factor was that it seems to me that jamplay employs high profile players as teachers and use their names to attract subscribers, which can be a good thing, of course.
But to me this strategy works the other way around. I’d much rather learn from a dedicated underdog with good teaching skills than a super guitarist lacking teaching skills.

Just my personal opinion <shrugs>, and I might add that a year in, I am more than happy with guitatricks.

Thanks for the tip. Went ahead with the offer and having a brief scan through the site and a couple of tutorials, the content looks great!

Sent from my iPad using JustinGuitar Community mobile app

Offline Joerfe

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 98
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 07:49:57 am »
Thanks for the tip. Went ahead with the offer and having a brief scan through the site and a couple of tutorials, the content looks great!

Like I mentioned earlier, I am very happy with the site. I am currently working my way through the Country course. Loads of good stuff there.

For a beginners and intermediate course I recommend Justins site any day, and I really do recommend it to people looking for online teaching. But in my case wanting to learn Country there is not much material from Justin, so I had to look elsewhere and guitartricks does the trick (pun very much intended ;D)
/Jesper

Sigma SOMR28H, Fender Classic '50s Tele, Fender Std Stratocaster, Gibson lpj '14, BOSS Katana 100-212 amp.
Me on da Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jesper-j-rgensen-11

Get The Forum As A Mobile App