Author Topic: Give Me Oil In My Lamp - Special Cover!  (Read 3678 times)

Offline crocodile1

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 14
Re: Give Me Oil In My Lamp - Special Cover!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2018, 06:14:18 pm »
Hi Leo,
You need to tell the folks about the guitar you used on this one! I know it is no longer "new" but it is still very cool!  8)
Carry on and let me know what you have next in the pipeline! 
LB
Well, as I've told some times ago, it's Gibson J-45 Custom Rosewood 2017 - that is not a secret  ;)
And I'm almost ready to present our (with Mike) new cover - maybe, tomorrow.
My new good friend Gibson will show it's good sound  :)
                            Leo
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 09:01:13 pm by crocodile1 »

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 10:29:59 pm »
Hey LBro...

Just pumped up GMO for my wife. She loved it from start to finish.  Particularly liked your granddaughter and, the verse about your Ford. Put a big smile on her face.

She's quite direct in her feedback,  so big ups to the whole crew.

Hi David,
Great to hear your wife gave it her blessing and thumbs up. I think the granddaughters flat nailed their parts. The little one was beaming but her voice was so spent on that verse 2 I could not possibly ask her to do chorus.... just too little left after the verse with her cold and all.

The song has about 10-12 versus. Glad to hear your wife liked "Truckin' and "Unction" as I was unsure what ones to do. There sure is a lot to fit in under 3 minutes of song, that is for sure!

Thanks again for the feedback and rock on as best you know how!  8)
LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 10:36:33 pm »
Hi all,
Thanks for your positive feedback :) When 7 months ago Dave asked me if I could manage that project I said Yes, Why not. But I did not expect it to be THAT long ::) :) But in the end it turned out to be a nice song with 6 singers (Dave, 3 dauters and 2! granddaughters), drums, bass, 3 tracks for electric piano, 2 tracks for acoustic guitar, 1 track for mandoline, 1track for electric solo in the beginning, 1 track for electric solo in the middle, 1 track for electric rhythm :o  But I had fun with that project and thanks again for listening.
Cheers and keep on playing 8)
Roman

Hi Roman!
Yeah 7 long months but indeed it was a very rewarding project that could never have been done without your skills, guidance and keen ears! Thanks for pointing out some of what went into making GMO from under the hood so to speak. I sure appreciate all you did on this one and when it came sauna and suds time, I wish I was there to enjoy it with you! Maybe someday we can get together and jam a bit!

Till then carry and rock on!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 25
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 10:41:08 pm »
This is just amazing. I Loved this song, juste everything from it. No surprise it took you several months. really good job with the different generations working on this.

Thank you very much for all your work on this, this is great, you can be proud !

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 10:48:27 pm »
LBro what I hear and feel when I read you are 'proud' is the heart full of love and appreciation you have for the women in your life. If that's proud, it's a good thing. Makes me smile a lot, so does your music. Still amazed at the complexity of this project.

Me? Don't want to snatch your thread away from you, but briefly, I'm plodding along with arrangements, vocal interpretation, chords (triads in particular, ow how those steel strings hurt my fingers after a days practise) fingerpicking, more complex strums that challenge me. None of it is worthy of posting .... yet. I'm also very busy with The Honeys as we prepare for our first Open Mic. My new guitar would have been finished weeks ago, but the humidity here in the sub-tropics is preventing Pete getting the protective layers sprayed on. Till it's less humid he can't move forward.

BW, well for one thing it is hard not to love to death my little granddaughters. Unlike most of these vids, one is actually in this pictorially. She is the one bending over by the water’s edge right at the start.

When you talk complexity you are spot on. Getting everything together was  a big undertaking. This project was pretty much a team effort. Whereby Roman took on most of the instruments and I molded most of the vocals. Probably the hardest part what simply trying to figure out who would do what or who would sing what. I think in the end it came out pretty good and hopefully is not a mash job, but rather a nice arraignment that is pleasing to the ear! You indicate it did indeed come out good so I guess we rung the old bell a good one!

Wow, you got a lot going on there BW. Some of which spins my head in complexity. I hope it all turns out well for you and you get it all glued together.

Thanks again for stopping by and taking this one out for a little light. We all appreciate it very much and value your comments too.!

LB & Crew are waiting for you to “rock on” BW…
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 10:55:02 pm »
Well, as I've told some time ago, it's Gibson J-45 Custom Rosewood 2017 - that is not a secret  ;)
And I'm almost ready to present our (with Mike) new cover - maybe, tomorrow.
My new good friend Gibson will show it's good sound  :)
                            Leo

Well Leo I am an old fart and the memory is not as keen as it once was. So you see I recall you had a Gibson acoustic but none of the other details. So thanks for stopping by to fill in the blanks for us. You sure made that guitar sing in this. I even more so look forward to your next project and hearing how you put the J-45 through her paces! May “good sound” indeed bless your finger and the sound hole erupt with good harmonic notes! 8)

Rock that thing on in style Leo!
 :)
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline bickb

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 20
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2018, 07:09:23 pm »
Wow! Such a great story :D So cool to have such a musical family and amazing that you kept going to get it finished  8) 8) 8)

It sounds really cheerful and uplifting - would suit the radio fine for everybody whose stuck in a traffic jam and needs some happy times  ;D
In love with instrumental pieces? Then you should definately check out my YouTube-channel;https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC46kwWZ2zsaSQmt90-JL4Yg

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2018, 08:32:23 pm »
This is just amazing. I Loved this song, juste everything from it. No surprise it took you several months. really good job with the different generations working on this.

Thank you very much for all your work on this, this is great, you can be proud !

Hi Cag’n’,
Thanks so much for your encouraging review! Your enthusiasm is contagious and helps one consider to do more of these months long projects. You have very diverse musical tastes, at least that is what I gather from your post!

Your welcome on this little number. The crew and I are fired up over your kind words and are so happy it lit a few fires out there. Stay tuned as the Saturday the 14th radio version is all set up to go down.

Cheers and good rockin’ to you!
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2018, 12:27:56 pm »
Wow! Such a great story :D So cool to have such a musical family and amazing that you kept going to get it finished  8) 8) 8)

It sounds really cheerful and uplifting - would suit the radio fine for everybody whose stuck in a traffic jam and needs some happy times  ;D

Hi Rick!
You make me think of the Hendrix song "cross town traffic". Something like "Tire tracks all across you back, I can see you had your fun". Yeah, rockin from the past and then some. Thanks for the kind words and do take care!

Rocking in my Rocker,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline kontenda

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 25
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2018, 12:36:25 pm »
Brilliant - brought a smile to my face - a really joyous song nicely performed. Sing hosanna - brings me back to my own childhood.

Offline Cagn on Rocks

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 25
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2018, 10:29:19 pm »
Hi Cag’n’,
Thanks so much for your encouraging review! Your enthusiasm is contagious and helps one consider to do more of these months long projects. You have very diverse musical tastes, at least that is what I gather from your post!

Your welcome on this little number. The crew and I are fired up over your kind words and are so happy it lit a few fires out there. Stay tuned as the Saturday the 14th radio version is all set up to go down.

Cheers and good rockin’ to you!
LB

Hi LB.

Thanks you very much, I am really touched by your kind words. I indeed like a lot a various (rock) music and try to play various style. And I think I'll like your taste in music too ;)
You are clearly a good musician, and good songwriter, I need to learn that too.

Keep on rocking ;)

Offline digger72

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 93
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2018, 02:09:14 pm »
Hi Guys,

Well, I can't claim to be a massive fan of the song or genre, but I very much applaud the motivation behind it.
Great to hear music being put to such great use and a great memento for all involved.
Very well executed; sounded a lot of fun.

Hope it gets the radio play.

All the best.

Digger

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2018, 06:51:34 pm »
Brilliant - brought a smile to my face - a really joyous song nicely performed. Sing hosanna - brings me back to my own childhood.

Hi,
Thanks for stopping for a spin and commenting! Well this well could bring back memories of your childhood as it is a kids church song. We heard another version of it that was uptempo and decided to give it a shot that way.

Take care,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2018, 07:02:19 pm »
Hi LB.

Thanks you very much, I am really touched by your kind words. I indeed like a lot a various (rock) music and try to play various style. And I think I'll like your taste in music too ;)
You are clearly a good musician, and good songwriter, I need to learn that too.

Keep on rocking ;)

Thanks for the nice comments Cagn,
Ah, I am not the musician though in this one. I worked long and hard on the guitar part (acoustic) but never got past the campfire performance level. So Roman took it on and then Leo did it with his new axe. Also if you notice there is top quality productions when Roman lends a hand and there certainly is a difference when I go it alone or without Roman's help on an original. When I do originals that is a huge challenge for me. I learn new stuff every song and am still looking for "paydirt"....  :o

So at any rate that is some insight on what I am involved with.... On musical tastes I used to be very narrow and on a classic rock only bent. But over the years I grew to like things I even used to hate. Like country, big band and much more. I think part of wanting to be a musician is taking in many genres and learning to appreciate them for what they are and the talent  that produced it.

But rock - rocks,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 99
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2018, 07:06:15 pm »
Hi Guys,

Well, I can't claim to be a massive fan of the song or genre, but I very much applaud the motivation behind it.
Great to hear music being put to such great use and a great memento for all involved.
Very well executed; sounded a lot of fun.

Hope it gets the radio play.

All the best.

Digger

Hi Diggs...
Was hoping you would stop by as you have been laying low for a while on your end. Hope work is not pressing you into hamburger.

Thanks for the comments and well this one was for the kids. So indeed you might find it a bit "different".

Radio play, if it goes as planned is in about 2 hours. I am going to try and snag a copy and post it in another thread. If you see this can you tell me if you were on AM with your stuff or FM? Might be best to put that in the Radio Thread when and if it comes to pass.

Take care,
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Get The Forum As A Mobile App