Author Topic: Give Me Oil In My Lamp - Special Cover!  (Read 3226 times)

Offline crocodile1

• Pub Night Playa
  • Good Vibes 14
Re: Give Me Oil In My Lamp - Special Cover!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 08:32:32 pm »
LBro, it's a very nice cover!
And your girls are the best!  ;)
                    Leo

Offline redrhodie

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 64
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 09:01:23 pm »
Sweet! Sounds like everyone in the family has inherited your good pipes. Haha. You must be so proud.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 02:42:01 am »
PS when the dust settles after my mother's funeral maybe the 3 of us should hook up as we've discussed. Really need to get my "stuff" back on track. Be good Dave  ;)

Aaaah Toby, I'm so sorry to read this. I know you've travelled a torturous path during the past while as you've supported your mother. The battle with the health system made it all the harder for you. I send you and your family my condolences and a big hug.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 02:44:22 am »
LBro, what a labour of love. You must be very proud of this. Good job!

Offline Sweed77

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 65
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 01:32:11 pm »
Hey Dave, I know already talked to you about this but wanted to pop in and share my thoughts here too.

What a great family project with, of course, Roman, Leo, and Victor adding their special talents.  Congrats on sticking with it, the final result proves it was worth all of the hard work.  Fabulous work by all involved!
My soundcloud  https://soundcloud.com/sweed59

"The Thread"  the original beginners songbook thread https://justinguitarcommunity.com/index.php?topic=33339.0

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 416
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 03:49:20 pm »
Smiling.

Fab.

Up-tempo country praise songs wouldn't be a genre I'd normally place a tick next to but this one did tick the boxes.

Some cool country guitar licks in there for good measure.

Good work la famille LBro,

:)

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
  • Well I am working on it.
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 04:08:10 pm »
LBro, it's a very nice cover!
And your girls are the best!  ;)
                    Leo
Hi Leo,
You need to tell the folks about the guitar you used on this one! I know it is no longer "new" but it is still very cool!  8)

Thanks for the nice words on the cover! You sure helped make it what it is! Thanks for “pitching in”!
 ;)

I happen to think “my girls” are pretty special too! Just wish at times I could get to see them more. As you know, our kids get busy and at times are hard to pin down.  :(

Carry on and let me know what you have next in the pipeline!  :)

LB
You can rock a bit here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNOrtongjfX4RI33JWKwn7Q/featured

"I just experiment in guitar and music, at times something good comes of it..."
LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2018, 04:15:53 pm »
Sweet! Sounds like everyone in the family has inherited your good pipes. Haha. You must be so proud.

Hi Lynn/Red,
Well if you’re talking pipes I am here to say the “Girls” did not get them from me. That would be the other side of the fence in honesty. I “attempt” to sing, whereas all the women in my family can flat out sing IMHO and it really did not come from me. I am just fortunate to be able to capture them now and then! But it always costs me a pizza when I do. Small price to pay to see them and share over it you see.  ;)

I am a humble guy or at least try to be, but it is hard not to be proud of my girls and the entire crew that made this possible!   :)

LB – Rockin’ proud in Seattle! – Look out Jimi, I’m coming to get you!  :D
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 04:23:23 pm »
LBro, what a labour of love. You must be very proud of this. Good job!

Hi BW,
Thanks for the kind words here and to Toby!

Yes I thought I was in labor as I worked on this “love”. ROFLOL!
Roman probably has less hair now too!  :-X

I talked about “proud” in another place but yeah that is a feeling I get. I am just thankful all that contributed were able to do so and their efforts helped make  GMO a nice cover!  :)

What you got coming next BW?  ;)
Hope it rocks on!  8)
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 04:33:50 pm »
Hey Dave, I know already talked to you about this but wanted to pop in and share my thoughts here too.

What a great family project with, of course, Roman, Leo, and Victor adding their special talents.  Congrats on sticking with it, the final result proves it was worth all of the hard work.  Fabulous work by all involved!

Ok Sweed,
I know your still upset my lowly M’s beat your Cubs second stringers….

But you da man for owning up to it!

Yeah this was a family deal all the way Sweed! I think that is what attracted guys like Leo, Viktor and Roman! It did not hurt that we found a great “crackin’ ” version to cover. But I think my girls vocals are better frankly.  The mix is better too, thanks to Roman’s skill set and pay grade… uh, I think he did this one for free!  ???

Sweed it was a labor of love worth doing and the song will be around a long time, possibly a few generations.. Stay tuned for the radio version as that is in the works too!  8)

Cubs rock – We got you shorthanded but I now suspect your record is far better!
What's next from your end?
LB
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Offline LBro

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 92
    • YouTube offerings
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2018, 04:42:40 pm »
Smiling.

Fab.

Up-tempo country praise songs wouldn't be a genre I'd normally place a tick next to but this one did tick the boxes.

Some cool country guitar licks in there for good measure.

Good work la famille LBro,

Thanks Close for your frank honesty! I appreciate that in you and in your comments!  ;D

So in YHO would the song be better down-tempo? LOL – I don’t think so….
Yeah – Thanks for the tick my friend!  8)

Viktor and Roman both nailed some great guitar work. I tried to do some and worked very hard at it but my efforts in that area were going to really fall short.    Maybe next project!  :-\

The crew and family thank you for both your thoughts and all you do here Close!
Keep on with the rockin’ good job you do sir!
LBro
You can rock a bit here:

LB

Online DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 214
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2018, 05:55:22 pm »
Hey LBro...

Just pumped up GMO for my wife. She loved it from start to finish.  Particularly liked your granddaughter and, the verse about your Ford. Put a big smile on her face.

She's quite direct in her feedback,  so big ups to the whole crew.

Offline schlaffenwagen

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 61
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2018, 06:06:13 pm »
Hi all,
Thanks for your positive feedback :) When 7 months ago Dave asked me if I could manage that project I said Yes, Why not. But I did not expect it to be THAT long ::) :) But in the end it turned out to be a nice song with 6 singers (Dave, 3 dauters and 2! granddaughters), drums, bass, 3 tracks for electric piano, 2 tracks for acoustic guitar, 1 track for mandoline, 1track for electric solo in the beginning, 1 track for electric solo in the middle, 1 track for electric rythm :o  But I had fun with that project and thanks again for listening.
Cheers and keep on playing 8)
Roman
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:41:56 pm by schlaffenwagen »
Keep on rocking!

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2018, 03:25:10 am »
Hi BW,
I talked about “proud” in another place but yeah that is a feeling I get. I am just thankful all that contributed were able to do so and their efforts helped make  GMO a nice cover!  :)

What you got coming next BW?  ;)

LBro what I hear and feel when I read your are 'proud' is the heartfull of love and appreciation you have for the women in your life. If that's proud, it's a good thing. Makes me smile a lot, so does your music. Still amazed at the complexity of this project.

Me? Don't want to snatch your thread away from you, but briefly, I'm plodding along with arrangements, vocal interpretation, chords (triads in particular, ow how those steel strings hurt my fingers after a days practise) fingerpicking, more complex strums that challenge me. None of it is worthy of posting .... yet. I'm also very busy with The Honeys as we prepare for our first Open Mic. My new guitar would have been finished weeks ago, but the humidity here in the sub-tropics is preventing Pete getting the protective layers sprayed on. Till it's less humid he can't move forward.

Offline batwoman

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 96
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2018, 03:27:59 am »
Hi all,
Thanks for your positive feedback :) When 7 months ago Dave asked me if I could manage that project I said Yes, Why not. But I did not expect it to be THAT long ::) :) But in the end it turned out to be a nice song with 6 singers (Dave, 3 daughters and 2! granddaughters), drums, bass, 3 tracks for electric piano, 2 tracks for acoustic guitar, 1 track for mandoline, 1 track for electric solo in the beginning, 1 track for electric solo in the middle, 1 track for electric rhythm :o  But I had fun with that project and thanks again for listening.
Cheers and keep on playing 8)
Roman

Thanks Roman for this detail. My mind boggles! You are a master. Thankyou for all you contribute. I hope your work brings you as much joy as it does us.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App