Author Topic: Noodling with Vincent & Theo  (Read 2168 times)

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 239
  • You're always learning about guitars-Keef Richards
Re: Noodling with Vincent & Theo
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 08:23:36 am »
Aha - noise!

Nice one David.

Pointers?

Keep having fun.
Don't go so distorted it gets fizzy but do enjoy some - it is just a blast to play power chords and all that rock stuff occasionally.Sit up so as to swing your elbow slightly away from your body and lift your left forearm off the top of your leg.
Keep having fun.

:)
No doubt  :)

Thanks for the pointers, Richard, much appreciated.

Now back to proper practice etc.  Next video will be based on the Chet Atkins Scale Tune drills.

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 441
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 09:08:51 am »
I didn't mean that you had gone OTT and become fizzy in the distortion by the way.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 239
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 11:14:20 am »
I didn't mean that you had gone OTT and become fizzy in the distortion by the way.

Thanks Richard ... love all the adjectives that get used to describe tone and sounds :)  Almost as much creative as in wine-tasting  :)

Offline close2u

• Administrator
  • All Time Legend
  • Good Vibes 441
  • Teesside, North East England.
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 12:20:03 pm »
fizzy ...

yeuch
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:36:08 pm by close2u »

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 239
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 02:54:47 pm »

Picking up an error trying to view this one, Richard

[mod note - does it work now?]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:37:07 pm by close2u »

Offline Matek

• Concert Hall Hasbeen
  • Good Vibes 7
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 04:30:04 pm »
Nice David!!
Your bar chords sound clean and smooth changes. now we know some of the songs we can look forward to.

I'm also using GTR. One thing that bothers me with it is there are so many options!! Also the presets supplied are really over the top with effects.

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 239
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 06:02:09 pm »
Nice David!!
Your bar chords sound clean and smooth changes. now we know some of the songs we can look forward to.

I'm also using GTR. One thing that bothers me with it is there are so many options!! Also the presets supplied are really over the top with effects.
Thanks so much, Matek ... yeah, a bit of a sneak peak at some for the future  ;)

You're right about GTR ... most sound way over the top to me.  I spent some time just playing with each pedal, seeing what effect it had and how the controls influence the effect ... so, so much to learn ... but fortunately all such great fun, so can never get bored.

Offline embishop

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 83
  • Playing my way to a new way of thinking. ~ JG
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 06:11:36 pm »
Total fun, David, loved listening to this. I really like using my looper pedal when I'm just mucking about, but I know there's all kinds of additional gear GAS can hit you with too! The sounds on your guitar / amp - you! - great. I love playing my acoustic guitar but electric can really just ramp up the fun. I also find it easier to learn riffs and more complicated bits on my electric and then transfer that to my acoustic.

I'm glad you posted this noodling session. Rock on!

Mari
Gretsch G5420T,  Taylor GS Mini-e Koa, Epiphone SG400, Martin OMCPA5
Boss Katana 50, Boss RC-1 loop pedal
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-525 digital piano

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 239
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018, 10:03:48 pm »
Picking up an error trying to view this one, Richard

[mod note - does it work now?]
Yup, working now and see what you mean. If I can guess, rolling off a little highend on the top end might help? Also maybe EQ on the amp?

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 239
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2018, 10:08:35 pm »
Total fun, David, loved listening to this. I really like using my looper pedal when I'm just mucking about, but I know there's all kinds of additional gear GAS can hit you with too! The sounds on your guitar / amp - you! - great. I love playing my acoustic guitar but electric can really just ramp up the fun. I also find it easier to learn riffs and more complicated bits on my electric and then transfer that to my acoustic.

I'm glad you posted this noodling session. Rock on!

Mari
Thanks Mari. Yeah, the looper was on my mind during researching this. For now can make backing tracks in my DAW. First may well be of the first song, Cortez the Killer, to set up for a lengthy Neil Young solo in Em pentatonic  :)

Offline Loefgren

• Arena Rocker
  • Good Vibes 72
  • Cause I need more time yes I need more time...
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 07:00:47 am »
Nice David, that looked like so much fun. And sounded good also to my ear. As you know I'm thinking about buying an Epi LP myself, and it was really interesting see someone who not a pro play it. Thanks for the demo!
Yamaha FG720S
BC March 2016 - Feb 2017
IM started March 29, 2017
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCus_LSy8xc5x51NrBxMt5MQ

Offline DavidP

• Stadium Superstar
  • Good Vibes 239
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2018, 07:32:52 am »
Nice David, that looked like so much fun. And sounded good also to my ear. As you know I'm thinking about buying an Epi LP myself, and it was really interesting see someone who not a pro play it. Thanks for the demo!
Thanks Johan ... it sure was :)

I can only say I am happy with that Epi.  It is the Standard Pro model.  The amp is also pretty good.  Even though only 15w, when you turn on that TVP feature to simulate the performance of valves it gets mighty loud.  In a side-by-side demo in store comparing with the Blackstar HT-1R tube amp, there was only the most marginal difference in sound quality ... yes the genuine tube amp did have a slightly warmer fuller sound.  But for me the other options offered by the ID:15TVP more than compensated for that.  And at lower volumes the ID:15 was the better performer.

Enjoy the journey to find what works for you.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App