Author Topic: Buskers Street Musicians, How To's & Things To Know, Community Q&A  (Read 111 times)

Offline ESTELLE-JOE

• Bedroom Rocker
  • Good Vibes 0
Hopefully, one of our fine Moderators will place this Thread in Live Gig's As it's own Topic / Forum Section.

Your 21st Century Musicians Guide to Street Busking
What is Busking?

busk (bsk) intr.v. busked, busk·ing, busks

To play music or perform entertainment in a public place, usually while soliciting money.

We can all post Questions & Answers, on all things Busking which is the term commonly used to refer to Street Musicians.

Here's some things to consider for your Busking Experience's.

Musical Styles & Genre's of Busking Acts,
Material and location dictates the audience music preferences,
Equipment for Street Musician,
Your Music Instrument Guitar Acoustic or Electric
Instrument & Vocal Amplification with a Power Inverter for 120 volt AC Power
Your Song Repertoire
Stage Banter for Public Reaction
Audience Participation
Finding a Location Permits and Ordinances
When to Play Problems and Complaints
Fringe Benefits and Detriments
Wardrobe Attire
Money Cash-Tips It's the 21st Century get Money Tips via Zelle / Bit Coin / Smartphone Credit Card reader
Overexposure playing same location you've saturated, time for a change of location
Co-opted Gear
Weather Exposure
Merchandise
Gifting Swag show your audience some love, for tipping you
Miscellaneous Tips and Tricks Thoughts 
Kickstarter & Indiegogo Crowd Funding your Music Goals

These are just a handful of thoughts and idea's for New and or Experienced Buskers.

Focus on the collection of gear and tools that you will use to make your performance system.  This is called your “rig”.

What equipment can be used?

It’s all a matter of practicality and portability. Busking with a single instrument such as a guitar or just your voice is pretty much the standard course of action but I have even seen buskers roll out a piano on coaster wheels or build a drum set made of empty buckets.

It can be very helpful to have an amp because outside on the street it is noisy and the amplification will help people hear you and help you hear yourself. Some of the most popular street amps are the Mackie FreePlay & Roland street amps, which come in various sizes, power, effects, and price.

I use a Mackie FreePlay, it has stereo speakers, runs on batteries, it has inputs for both microphone and guitar/keys, reverb, delay, chorus effects, and it fits in my Spinner Travel Luggage Case & backpack guitar case with my guitar.

My Street Busking gear:
TC-Helicon Voicelive Touch2 Vocal Live Effects and Guitar Looping Effects
Mackie FreePlay Portable Amp / PA
2500 Watt Power Pure Sine-wave Inverter with 12-volt Marine Battery
Xvive U2 Wireless guitar system features digital wireless Transmitter plugs into the Guitar (your instruments), the receiver plugs into the effects pedal, AMP, Audio, etc.
LED Lighting & Backdrop
Misc Items 2-Guitars, Stands, Picks, Guitar Strings and much more
Microphones I use are:
- Shure 55SH Vocal Microphone
- Audio-Technica AT2035 Large Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone
- Nady PCM-200 Professional Classic Dynamic Microphone, Cardioid

There's so much more to Busking and gear needed, it's all what you feel is necessary.....

My Guitar Journey started when i was very young and after seeing an old High School friend Busking a couple of years ago got me motivated to start playing Guitar again, thanks to JustinGuitar Beginners Guitar Course I'm again on my musical journey for guitar enlightenment....

Peace.

Get The Forum As A Mobile App